Walking can relieve your sciatic pain by spurring the release of pain-fighting endorphins and reducing inflammation. Support your walking posture and minimize sciatica pain by following these tips.
- Land between your mid-foot and heel, then gently roll onto your toes and push off into the next stride.
- Slow down your pace; you should be able to comfortably hold a conversation while walking.
- Keep your head and shoulders tall and focus on a spot in the distance.
- Follow a rhythmic breathing pattern to help keep your mind focused and alert while walking.
- Pull your stomach slightly toward your body for the duration of your walk and keep a comfortable pace.
This information is not intended or implied as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images or other information provided is intended for general information purposes only. Always consult with your physician for diagnosis or treatment.