4 Easy Stretches for Lower Back Pain.
Back Flexion Stretch
- Lie on your back.
- Pull the knees to chest and flex the head forward until stretch is felt on the mid and low back.
- Hold for 5 to 10 seconds and return to the starting position. Aim to complete 4 to 6 repetitions of this exercise.
Kneeling Lunge Stretch
- Starting on both knees, move one leg forward so the foot is flat on the ground, keeping weight evenly distributed through both hips (rather than on one side or the other).
- Place both hands on the top of the thigh, and gently lean the body forward to feel a stretch in the front of the other leg.
- Repeat on the opposite leg.
Knee to Chest Stretch
- Lie on the back.
- Gently pull the knees to the chest with both hands until a comfortable stretch is felt in the mid and lower back.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Aim to complete 4 to 6 repetitions of this exercise.
- Lie on your back with knees bent and heels on the floor.
- Cross one leg over the other, resting ankle on the bent knee.
- Gently pull your knee toward the chest until stretch is felt in the buttock.
- Hold the stretch for a few seconds and repeat with the other leg.
- Aim to complete 5 to 10 repetitions of this exercise for each side.