Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

neck cracking after fusion

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I've noticed since my C4-5 acdf with instrumentation (allograft) that my neck "cracks" when I move sometimes, like the way your joints normally crack. But I've never had cracking in my neck before and it feels, well, different than a regular joint crack (not so much of a "pop"). No pain associated with it. Still in Aspen collar 24/7. Just wondering if this cracking is the vertebrae rubbing against the allograft? Not 6 weeks post-op yet so not sure if any fusion yet.

anyone notice the same?

shera
advertisement

Comments

• My surgery (c4-6) was just recent (May/2008) and I have noticed the same "cracking" also afterwards it provides a little relief but, I am not sure what is actually "cracking" I plan to ask my Dr next week.

:?
  • shera, I had the same surgery as you in Aril of this year.
    Not painful. feels like cracking you knuckes in your neck? weird
  • Well, I see Im not the only one popin and crackin. I could always crack/pop my neck before my accident. But now its quite scary when it happens(which is not alot). I feel no pain as far as I can tell when this occurs. Also sometimes when lying down in one position for awhile then turning head to the left i get this grinding/rubbing sound that comes from inside and through my ears. It goes away after a few rotations. Pretty weird stuff. This is all new to me so I dont know what Im supposed to feel/hear? All I do know is that I will never be the same again. But Im alive and NOT paralyzed. Sorry for goin on, on.