Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Glad you all are here

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
Hey,

I was a member at the old site but have just registered for this new one. I'm soon-to-be 42 and have been living with chronic pain since 1999. In Nov., 07, I had triple laminectomy. I have bulging disks from cervical through thoracic to lumbar spine. I've had cervical steroid injections. I've have an Artelon prosthesis in my left CMC and want one in my right--just as soon as I pay off my back surgery. :\ I have DDD, generalized osteoarthritis in most major joints and the spine, bursitis in both hips and live in pain every day. I had to change jobs as my last job was a marketing rep and involved driving all day. I almost couldn't get out of my car by the end of the day. I now have a desk job in management at a non-profit agency but have lately been looking into disability. Instead, I've talked to my boss and we work with my pain as to what time I come in and leave--great boss! I have started using a cane which helps some.

I'm looking forward to talking to you all and offering what help I can.

Makin' It
advertisement

Comments

• and welcome to the new forum. So glad that you made it here. You already know that you will find supportive and understanding members here , they are the best. You are one tough cookie who has been through alot and come out the other side with a great attitude. I look forward to seeing more of your posts on the boards. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing....take care....Miki
  • I'm so glad to hear that you have a good boss.

It makes all the difference when you have someone at work who really has your best interest at heart. I too have a boss like yours. As long as I get the work done she doesn't care how when or where I get it done.
  • welcome to spine-health...
  • Welcome back. Glad to hear your boss is supportive of you. Being able to be active and productive does alot for mental well-being...well, mine anyway. Hope you find the support you need here and again, Welcome!
  • makinit- welcome to site. Glad to hear that you have been able to work and have a supportive boss. I would see if your workplace has any disability plans, like STD or LTD and to get a copy for your records. It would be a good thing to have, just in case.... :))) jade
advertisement