Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Like Most Here, I Too Am New

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
I'm Sarah. I live in the U.S. in Minnesota. I turned 16 last month and I've had back pain since I was 8 from Juvenile Degenerative Disc Disease. Since my younger age I've not had much in treatment or pain managment. I have done physical therapy but with no success to alleviate the pain. I am unable to take NSAIDs or such other similar pain relivers because of my Acid Reflex Disease. I'm praying that in the very near future something will help with the pain.

~Sarah

P.S. The smileys are some of the best I've seen ^_^
advertisement

Comments

• Sarah , you poor darlin' , I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering so. Welcome to the forum , you will find a lot of support and understanding from our great members. If there is anything that I can ever do for you then please just let me know....please keep us posted as to how you are doing....take care....Miki
  • I had a discectomy of L5-S1 10 days ago and can't believe
    how good I feel. Almost waiting for the other shoe to drop.. I had back surgery on same disk 10 years ago, but on left side. I dealt with extreme nerve pain for 8 months before surgery and can't believe, it's all gone!!!

Last time I had surgery, a couple weeks after I had horrible cramping of my hamstrings and calf muscle. I had to be prescribed stehroids. So far, so good.. Anyone else
    have this experience?
  • Sorry to hear of your situation at such a young age. Welcome to SH and hope you find some answers here.
  • sarah- welcome to site. I hope you'll find something to help your pain. And I am impressed that you are searching for help at a young age. You sound very mature and hope you find a solution. take care :))) :))) jade
  • Sarah, you are so terribly young to be experiencing all of this pain! I am so sorry as I can only imagine how it has effected you at 16. I hope now that you are getting a little older, the docs will come up with something very soon for you.

Char, I too had MicroD and no where near the same experience as you but I do know that many have experienced success like yours. You may really want to start your own post as I do not think that many members will see this under Sarahs post. Good luck and keep us posted - both of you.
  • Aww thanks everyone for welcoming me.

I am optomistic for the future, well atleast right now I am. It gets hard to stay positive sometimes. Hopfuly soon I should have a pain managment doctor and right now I'm trying to get into a PM program. If anything else happens I'll let you guys know.

~Sarah
  • Hey Sarah! I'm glad you've found this site and I hope it helps to have somewhere to go to connect; plus it can be super fun! I know its been a great help for me. Good luck with the PM and let us know how everything goes!!
    ~Lauren
  • Wow 16, I can only imagine having back problems at that age.
    Welcome to spine health hun, hope to see you on the boards more often. >:D<

Best Wishes,
    Christina :)
advertisement