Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Knee pain

malawmmalaw Posts: 114
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had my right knee replaced last summer. In the past week I have been having some bad achy pain in it. I wonder if it could be because I had part of my back fixed this summer. If I am not using a cane I work a little like Festus on Gunsmoke. Sure don't want the knee to be messed up NOR do I want the back to be bad.
I am always afraid that I will twist without thinking and mess it up. I know I did today - caught myself after I had done it. It started hurting after I reached for something. Sure hope I didn't do any damage. I see my surgeon the end of next month and will find out. The back settled down after I took a pain pill and went to bed for an hour.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Malaw,
    From memorey you are several months down the track but correct me if I am wrong.
    What you need now is some physiotherapy. You need for the physio to teach you to walk correctly so you dont do damage to either you knee or your back. I am in the same boat as I had a hip revision 2 years ago so walked badly (and with a limp) before my surgery. Since the back has been done I have really had to focus on HOW i walk, a lot of muscles has just stopped being used so I had to find them again. :))(
    It probably has been the hardest part of the whole surgery and I cant afford to get lazy when I walk as I dont want to fall into bad patterns and create problems.
    So -In short ha-ha If it is Ok with your Doc then go and have some physio.

Blessings Sara
    P.S When it gets cold my hip warns me so your knoee may also be doing the same.
  • I have an appointment with my PCP on Thursday to get the results of blood work and hopefully a report from the cardiologist ( they haven't told me anything). If I get the all clear I can go to PT and since it is the same one I used last summer he knows about my knee.

I have also got to get something that will help me go to sleep and stay that way. I wake up about every hour and a half. Sometimes can just turn over and go back to sleep, but not always. That won't fly with school starting on 25th.