Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I Am Back!! Now with New Problems...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello All,

Well I am back to spine-health. I was a somewhat frequent member on the old site and have finally gotten around to the new site and this is my first post here. Alot of new names.... Anyways, exactly one year ago, as some of you may recall, I began my pain adventure with sciatica and I am still battling the pain and numbness in right leg. I've had 2 microdiscetomies in the past year.
The latest pain is in my left arm now, and I have facial numbness in the left side. I go for an MRI on Monday to rule out MS, brain tumour, as directed by my family doctor. I have to see neurosurgeon to get checked out because he thinks it is possible disc problem in the neck now. I haven't seen neurosurgeon since may and am not scheduled until october, but my symptoms are recent and we will be making an appointment soon, and I will have another MRI to look at my neck, so the Physician's assistant says.
My new symptoms are the facial numbness on the left side that come and go, occasional pain in left arm, tingly pinky finger, and slight weakness in 2 fingers. At one point I ended up in the ER on this because I was so freaked out, but was told I was not having a stroke or anything major at the time. So we shall see after the new MRI's.
I am still battling sciatica pretty badly. I was off of work for 8 months and went back to work in april to a new job, which I love. I just hope that one day the feeling in my leg comes back, but hey at least I can walk.
advertisement

Comments

advertisement