Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New member , glad to have the support from this community

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
Hi Everyone,
I have had pain problems for many years and have been diagnosed with a variety of things , Cervical spondylosis, thorasic outlet syndrome (had two ribs removed) , Degen disc disease , sciatica, Motor neuropathy and spinal syrinx.
I am not sure which of these diagnosis' are correct but feel myself that it is a neurological problem , EMG does show some chronic denervation and other deficits . I have a lot of pain and muscle spasm in my neck shoulders and lower back. More recently I have noticed some weakness in my thigh muscles making it difficult to go up steps , inclines and to get out of the car. The worst thing of all is the very early morning low back and coccyx pain which shoots down the front of my lower leg just below the knee. It is intense unbearable pain and have have great difficulty getting out of bed.
Ihave recently changed neurologist because my old one retired and the new one passed me of as of no consequence. He hasnt offered any treatment or advice so I am feeling quite desperate at times. I have asked for a second opinion but dont hold out any hope of any answers. I am using fentanyl patches and cocdamol for pain which are fine except for the early morning pain. Has anyone else experienced any thing like this , I was wondering if it is a sciatica ? but with it being at the front am not sure.
advertisement