Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

need advice

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi all,
I had another MRI done and this is the conclusion:There is interval development of metallic susceptibility artifact from posterior decompression and rod and screw fixation from L3-4 through L4-5. Degenerative end plate changes are present throughout the thoracolumbar spine, most advanced at L3-4 where there has been near complete obliteration of the disc. There are scattered spurs and schmorl's nodes. There is bilateral facet arthropathy at L2-3, L3-4. There is mild scar formation at L4-5. there is vacuum disc phenomenon present at L5-S1 and a disc bulge asymmetric to the right with bilateral advanced facet osteoarthropathy.

I have only talked to my family doctor about the results because I am really trying to avoid going back to my neuro. My family doctor says he doesn't know that much about it but doesn't understand why I am having the pain I am having. I seem to be in pain 24/7. It is painful to sit, painful to stand, painful to lay down and it is getting to the point that it seems I am losing the use of my legs, like they don't want to work, so as you can see, I am running out of options. :''( LOL I can't take much for pain. I take Ultram because I can't take anything with codeine because it makes me so sick. The ultram doesn't seem to help much at all but I don't know what else to do?
advertisement

Comments

  • Hate to hear everything you are going through. I don't know how to read an MRI but I can't understand why your doc doesn't understand why you are in pain. Why don't you wanna go back to NS? Is there another NS or OS you can go to? Many ppl here have had success with Pain Management docs. Maybe that is an avenue to look at.

    Neurontin or Lyrica are two nerve pain meds that are non-narcotic you may wanna try. Good luck and hope you find some relief.
  • I dread going back to the neuro because I am afraid he will want to do another surgery. He is a good doctor but the last surgery I had to stay in the hospital for over a week because of a tear in my spinal cord. It took almost a year for the fusions to heal so I really dread having another surgery. They have tried me on neurontin but once they got the dosage up to 2400 a day and it didn't help they took me off it because it made me sleep all the time. They won't give me physical therapy because I was told there was so much damage that I would make it worse at this point until after I have surgery again. I am putting it off as long as I can, I am at the point I don't know what to do anymore. I am just hoping for another option, any option that will help instead of another surgery.
  • understand. Last year my NS said I needed another surgery and I turned her down. I was too tired of being on my back and doing nothing, the thought of another 6 months on my back was unacceptable. I hope you are making the right decision for yourself. Maybe a second opinion from another NS? I do hope you find some relief.
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Register to comment.