Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Jeaxbert I HOPE YOUR OK IN THE HEAVY WEATHER!

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Water Cooler
sorry i didnt get to ya sooner.ya i feel guilty as sin!
i was gonna say if you need to run and the biggun hasnt rund down this way, Corpus Christi has lots of spaces for all you wonderful and brave Louisiana folks! it lokes like GUSTAV went on in and up to Shrieveport and theres another great bugger out there, so i hope you and Uncle Boudroux and his new mule come on down if it gets to heavy up there!
Take care and be safe all you guys!
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,714
    Hoping that you and your family are safe
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • safe and well and let us know how you are when you get a chance. You and your family will stay in our thoughts and prayers....Miki
  • I tried to talk my parents into evacuating to Shreveport. They are elderly, and not in the best health (mom was diagnosed with cancer in april and dad is in his 80's).

They wouldn't go unless I did. So I packed up my Sister, Debbie, my parents, and my 2 youngest sons and we went to Shreveport to my neice's house (She is in the Air National Guard at Barksdale). HER lights went out Monday nite about 11. So, my crew packed up and stayed 2 nites at the Shreveport Hilton (they were awesome! They let people bring their pets!)

Now, I am at my OTHER sister's house in Elton, LA (Jefferson Davis Parish).

We lost power and it looks like everything won't be restored for another week, maybe 2. My house sustained minor damage (as far as I am concerned). We lost some of our shingles on the east side of the house and rain came in as a result. PLUS, hubby had to empty out the fridge. He threw what he had to away. NOW, everyone is cooking our deer sausage, backstrap and deer roasts to keep from having to throw it out. MAN! I love me some back strap!

SO, all in all - not too bad. BUT, thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers and concern. I am positive that was what kept us safe!

You guys ROCK!!

Jeaux

(Ranch - Uncle Boudreaux stayed in the bayou. He is doing just fine and I am sure he will be sharing stories just as soon as we can find him!) /:)
  • sure Uncle Boudreaux is just fine. We will be looking forward to his stories.
  • I am so glad you are well and safe! i was worried mighty powerful"! i saw the storm take the northerly track and went ohh! I ran out of Monroe for a while and its wonderful up there! Uncle Boudreaux should be just fine, ime sure he hopped on the houseboat, Donned his Jean La Feet pirate hat and had a BALL!
    Ime really glad you and yours came through fine! Dont forget, All our Louisiana bro's and sis's are always welcom to come and escape mother natures wrath!
  • This is an incredible web site for tracking current and past storms.

http://www.stormpulse.com/tropical-storm-hanna-2008

Turn on "Forecast Models" to see all the computer model forecasts of Hanna's path. You can then click those circles on each model's path to see date/time and predicted intensity.

Another interesting item is to click Wind Probabilities, click the icon by a city and then hover your mouse over "Chance by day".
    Jeaux, I am happy that you and your family is safe now.
    I am sure its going tough for you guys until power is restored.

Now,backstrap, hmmmm if there is any left over and no one claimed them, COD to me!
    I am not crazy about venison, but backstrap is like heaven
  • give me a few weeks, Ron. :W
  • Jeaux

What is backstrap?

Really glad that you only sustained minor damage and that you were able to have an "adventure" and stay safe. Great to have you back.

"C"
  • Backstrap is part of the deer meat - I am not sure where it comes from, but maybe the strap of the meat near the spine. It's very tender stuff. You can cook it in a variety of ways, my favorite is to roll it up and wrap that in bacon with a toothpick and grill it (or bake it?). It's very flavorful and as I said earlier - tender. Definitely a small piece of heaven. Sometimes, I'll even brown it real good in a skillet, then make gravy and serve over rice (I love me some long-grain rice, yeah!). 8>
  • backstrap, like Jeaux said and the name implies, is the 2 cuts of meat that run along both sides of the spine. They can be trimed away from the spine to be prepared as just meat. Another way is to make the cuts vertically through the meat and spine in which case, you end up with chops. Same as pork chops.
  • My culinary lesson for the month!

Thanks you two!
  • Rained like mad all last night. Get up this morning and the damned basement has about an inch or two of water in it... What a pita...
  • giving you a hard-time up there Z? Hope it's not too awful bad, but with women, who can ever tell?

(i think I'll go now....heh heh)
  • I know this is little consolation, Z, but I can certainly empathise with you and I hope the inch in your basement is the only thing you have to worry about.

I've made it back home as we got our electricity back on. We had lots of limbs in the yard and a gaping hole in our roof - plus a smaller one. We are BLUE TARP PEOPLE NOW!! NATURALLY, we had some water damage inside as well. I'm sure inside the walls and in the attic too. EWWW. I know how water damage feels. My heart goes out to you and I hope everything fares well for you buddy!

Jeaux
    Jeaux,

As much as you and I can kid with each other, I cant tell you how sorry I am about what happened to your house. I am sure it was not the best thing to come home to. But you and your family are together, that is so important.
    I just hope that the repairs will happen quickly and you can get back to life normally.
    Please take care.
  • the cone of uncertainty,what be up with that? right now its from like Mexico city to the keys...DAAANNNNGGG! ima gittin skeeert as my little redneck buddy say, so... Ahhhh man up...looks him in tha I (ime translating here)and tell him..YOU GONNA DIE! well no ..he doesnt like that very much, and gives me the squinched up lime face...and says
    why you so mean..there be a hurracain out there the size of the gulf, and your makin fun? whats wrong in your head he says...
    i tells bubba(thats not his real name) I says Bubba? i aint skeeert!... coz ime prepared! i got my car all gassed up, chauncy(dont ask) the weeny dog and spot my cat inna cardbord box in a condo for pets, ready to travel! i got a 60 quart cooler full of dry ice, 20 6 packs and a pack of hot dogs in there, i got the sleepin bags all loaded on the wagon,i got the power wagon gassed up and put some more air to replace the some that got escaped from the sitting tire syndrome.
    we gonna run up to San-Tonio and watch the big windy come and terrorize the fools who didnt listen and run like all git out when the man say! so Bubba..thats why ime not skeert

Dont no one on the gulf coast be a bubba K? run when they tell ya,pay up the insurance b4 it enters the gulf, get your pets sheltered, and get your gas early.And above all dont freek when the time comes to skit out of town!
  • Hey Jeaux. Just water. It happens every couple of years. I have everything we care about on skids or shelves. Some stuff I forgot and left on the floor. It's trash now. I won't even bother trying to dry it out.

This is nothing compared to what happened when Fran hit us in 96. We had whole neighborhoods trashed. Ours included. I'm all too familiar with blue tarps and chain saws.

Good luck down there. Looks like we are going to have an active season.

Ben it usually is the female ones that cause all the trouble. I know I'm shocked as you are too... ;)
  • it looks like Ike is one bad dude. It's as big as the Gulf Of Mexico and projected path changes daily. Yesterday they had it making landfall anywhere from Miss. to Brownsville, Texas. Now projections are Texas coast down into Mexico. Keep an eye on this bad boy.
  • I will take a little roof damage and no electricity for a week any day! Compared to what surely COULD have happened?

PLUS, coming back to S-H.com and seeing that my podnuh's were all worried and concerned. Oh yeah - that was so nice to see.

I hope I didn't sound like I was complaining - sorry if I did. Believe me - I got off easy!

Ranch - sounds like you're all prepared - you must've had your list (like Santy Claws) and checked off each item. 6 packs are great but make sure you have plenty water for you Chauncy and Spot to drink cause you know how hot it gets in Texas!

Keep us posted, right?
  • I got off of my cruise and had to flee to San Marcos and am still bouncing around Texas! I should be able to go home tomorrow, my mom wouldn't let me go home because she wanted to see where Ike was going first...They were without power for a week but after the last hurricane (which was in 2002 and our house was destroyed), when they rebuilt they built a generator onto the house...But at least your getting some good rice and gravy cher! I am sooooo ready to go home, tired of sleeping on people's couches, not really helping my neck too much, lol!

I was worried about you so I'm glad to see that you're okay! Us Louisiana people have to stick together, along with us spineys!! I'm sorry you had that damage, but I know what you mean about it could be worse...Just glad to see that you're okay!
  • well maybe not. right now its projected to go in a few towns over in Tivoli Texas. My buddy lives there and i used to work in Pt.Lavaca. that round 60 miles away, it was coming here...ohh boy! so were still gonna get some wind and rain from this. if it hits dead on the northern parts are gonna get it worse than us, were waiting on the evacuation call to come. Chauncy and spot the cat are gonna be freeked out by the ruckus. spot is sitting round quietly with her ears down, she scared? ...no she's mad at me, and chauncy? that nasty dog has got into the beer again...he is busy spraying every tree in sight!he figures they are gonna blow all over the county and HE is gonna be the big dog!imagine...all the territory he will cover without trying !
    as for spot, she's cool she, in the mode of my step cat in law,she has an out by 2 familys. I heerd her telling dumbdog the other night in between him puncturing coors cans with canine teeth and drinking up(he's a nervous dog.) on how if he sprays said trees he will be the most famous dog in the county...Chauncy,ya i heered of him(translated from dogspeek) as dogs far and wide sniff his inebriated scent,ya he gits around!

We are behind on hurricanes here, one every 10 years or so, we havent been hit solid since Celia in 70'. Who knows maybe we'll git this one, maybe i'll get some pictures to share, one of me pointing up top the eye, one of me hanging on the tree sideways, hmmm maybe one of me skidding on the ground from the wind!
    Well class is calling more updates to come from Ivan central! maybe...
    Jueax, i hope the storm stays away from ya'll, its starting to track kinda north now, and the worst stormy stuff is always on the North east side. i talk at chu later!
  • thought it was Ike....hmmm
  • I kept calling it Ivan too. I just can't keep all those names straight!

Anyway - You TEXAS SPINEYS BE/STAY SAFE! When they say evacuate - DO IT!

My family and I evacuated SUNDAY hours before the storm hit. Traffic? None. That's because everyone heeded our Gov'ner when he said "Y'all GIT!"

Stay safe Ranch!
  • Thank God the storms are over with. We are supposed to have some rain this weekend. I'm still trying to get use to MO storms, i'm still looking for a "root cellar" to hide in! 8>

Evelyn :)
    Had PLIF in 2008 and a Laminectomy. One level fusion, L4-L5.
advertisement