Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone have experience with Epidural?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Lower Back Pain
Anyone have experience with epidural's ?

Im curious as im an addict and am pretty much forbidden to take opiates but I have 2 herniated discs and a rare disease known as Schuerrmans kyphosis (Curvature of the lower spine)And also rather rapid disc degeneration in the lower spine.
advertisement

Comments

• to your other post on this subject. I am supposing that nobody wants to do surgery on the herniations because of the curvature, correct? Have you heard of endoscopic microdiscectomy? This is where they make tiny incisions and go in with tiny instruments and can easily manuever around the spine (even with the curve) in order to remove the herniated portion of the disc. You may want to check with your doc to see if this is available in your area.
  • Thanks i wrote that down im gonna talk to the doctor about it.! Im excited this is a possibility
  • let me know how you make out.
  • :) i think you are wondering whether the ingredients in the epidural are opiates and could cause you problems. :W that is a really good question! :? this is something i would think you could really take up with your doctor. if it is used it is such a small amount and only the one time i would not think it would be a problem for you. i would never even know there was pain medication in there unless the doctor had told me. really, you seem to have alot of worries about this and could have your mind put at ease with a really good talk with a knowledgeable physician. #:S Jenny :)
  • A good idea. However lately ive kinda raised a white flag to the pain i gotta control medicate (have a trusted person administer my opiates) I am suffering
  • I met with a doctor today who said it wouldn't work well for me since my pain does not radiate down my leg....whatever.

I'm having another consult since I did not like his response.
  • I have had four this year. The first series of three worked well and got rid of the radiating pain. However, the only lasted a few months. I just had my fourth and no relief at all...in fact things got worse. i am going to get a laser disc hardening procedure and if that does not help (because I have a herniated disc and a fracture..it probably won't) i will get the endoscopic disectomy in a few months. My understanding is laser procedure will help me to not re-herniate again (I already had a laminectomy in the same areas two years ago).

Good luck.

Angela
  • thank you all for your input much appreciated. Im consulting my doctor tommorow about an epidural as i cant live with the pain anymore
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.