Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Supporting Each Other & Not Attacking Each Other

PRIESTESSPRIESTESS Posts: 807
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
Here of late there seems to be several posts where members are attacking other members and getting into word wars. This is NOT what Spine Health is about. We are here to support each other.....we may not always see eye to eye but we all have the right to agree to disagree.Just because you disagree with another member that still doesn't give you or the other member the right to attack. Besides we never know what someone is truly going through so we need to be as supportive as possible. The person that you attack today may be the person that can truly help you with a problem or be a source of wonderful support the next day. Just remember , always treat others how you want to be treated. If there is a thread that you want to post to then post to it but do it within the confines of the rules. Attacking members , foul language and the like will NOT be permitted. If you really have a problem with a thread or a post then please PM that member and try to resolve the issues privately. If you are unable to do that then please flag the post as offensive and PM a MOD or an ADMIN and let us step in and help. You can also avoid the particular thread and\or member. Please remember that we have new people joining everyday and we don't need them thinking that Spine Health is a place where they will be attacked...it is a place for support and understanding. I know each and everyone of you feel passionate about the posts that you do and that is wonderful , just please take the time to make sure that you are posting in such a way that abides by the rules.

Just as a reminder , I have posted the list of rules for Spine Health. If you have any questions or any problems then please just let me know. Take care of yourself and others.....Miki

Standards agreement and posting rules
Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

You agree not to submit or post material that is harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable in any manner or nature to forums on Spine-health.com

You agree not to post personal information about other Forum Members on the site, including email addresses.

You agree not to impersonate other individuals when you submit to forums on Spine-health.com.

You agree not to submit or post advertisements or commercial solicitations to forums on Spine-health.com.

You agree not to engage in any solicitation either on the Spine-health.com forums or via email to Spine-health.com viewers.

You agree not to submit or post copyrighted material, without permission, to forums on Spine-health.com.

You agree that any information, opinions or other content provided by doctors or patients on Spine-health.com forums is for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical diagnoses or treatment. Always consult with a physician for any health problem or medical condition.

Spine-health.com assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, or failure to post messages.

Spine-health.com reserves the right to edit, monitor and/or delete comments at our discretion without notice.

advertisement

Comments

• feel free to respond with questions and\or concerns..Thank you all in advance for your cooperation in this. :)))
  • i am behind everything you are saying 100% its nice though to be reminded about all these diff. things once in awhile. i know the rules and regulations are posted here on the forum somewhere but maybe a post like this, say once a month would help us not to forget.just a suggestion from a lady that enjoys spine health for many reasons thanks....patsy
  • Patsy , hopefully we won't have to repost the forum rules once a month....I guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it. It is nice to know that you are enjoying SH....that is what we want for everyone.....take care....Miki
  • here here =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

well said well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Miki we just love ya ! >:D< =D>

Angie x
  • see this because I have seen some horrible arguments as of late. It seems that the members never really get past their issues and it carries over to other posts. I try to avoid these threads at all cost. Thanks for reminding everyone what the purpose of SH really is, support.
  • that is one of the reasons I spend so little time here now. I come for specific info, check in to see if there's something I can really contribute to, then I go. I've been the victim of those attacks in the past, and I don't have time for that cr*p.

I know how difficult this is for you and the other moderators, Miki; thank you so much for your time and effort to keep things going, despite the fact that you have your own life issues to deal with.

Tracy
  • to all of you for your replies....they are all appreciated.... =D>

And Tracy , you are most welcome but it is truly MY honor to be able to be a MOD here....I am the lucky one.... :D
  • "You agree not to submit or post material that is harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable in any manner or nature to forums on Spine-health.com" :D =))

Miki how come you don't come out to play with us anymore ? :(
  • weakback said:
    "You agree not to submit or post material that is harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable in any manner or nature to forums on Spine-health.com" :D =))

Miki how come you don't come out to play with us anymore ? :(
    Never...... =)) Just try to behave yourself..... =)) =)) =))
  • I'm sorry if I was one of them, and that is the problem with blanket statements-it makes people think they may have said something attacking, but the person who did it may not have the capacity to know it was them unless they are told.

I sure don't want to attack anyone and if I do-I hope you will PM me and tell me. I would think everyone would want to know that-so many of us are in pain, and the meds we take, sometimes we just don't know how we come across. Naturally, each person has their own level of tolerance for sassiness, sick humor, or pushiness-so please tell me when I step over the line.

• Turtle said:
    I'm sorry if I was one of them, and that is the problem with blanket statements-it makes people think they may have said something attacking, but the person who did it may not have the capacity to know it was them unless they are told.

I sure don't want to attack anyone and if I do-I hope you will PM me and tell me. I would think everyone would want to know that-so many of us are in pain, and the meds we take, sometimes we just don't know how we come across. Naturally, each person has their own level of tolerance for sassiness, sick humor, or pushiness-so please tell me when I step over the line.

If there is a problem then a MOD or ADMIN will PM the member\members involved.....sometimes it is a misunderstanding and sometimes there are out right attacks.....we want to keep that from happening...the attacks that is. Sometimes we all need to just step back from the keyboard (myself included) and read what we have typed BEFORE we hit the "post comment" button. This thread was in no way aimed at you....just a gentle reminder to everyone in general....take care....Miki
  • tonya42 said:
    Thank you Miki
    are most welcome my friend....take care....Miki
  • I like to tell it how it is, but certainly try to abide by the rules. I am a fiesty person and my posts reflect my emotions :) :''( :P :))( :H
  • I feel the same way,and I've never seen a post from you that was offensive.

I have been/felt attacked here though,in PM's and such,but I have never gone to the mods or the admin to "tell on" anyone about it.To me that seems like grade school stuff.I've always dealt with it-by that I mean we are all so opinionated that I just expect others to disagree with me at times.I only find it bothersome when I notice the person won't post to me or even respond to posts after much time has past.

It seems to me that we adults should be able to get beyond our differences to see the greater good that we could achieve if we work together.

There are always going to be people that simply don't see 'eye to eye',but I have yet to read posts from a person that has not included at least some bit of wisdom that I could put to a bit of good use within my life somewhere.

I have found support from posters that I may have thought initially I would not..those are always the nicest,and never fail to make me smile-even on a bad day.

:H
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,736
    site get together, there is always going to be those that disagree with another. I beleive that Spine-Health recognizes this and is always open to that. We have allowed various forum topics and questionable posts. We do that because we understand the situation almost all of us are dealing with. This is not a site of games, toys, or other brighgter items. It is a site that deals with chronic pain and what thet can do to a person.
    Because of that the Moderators here are always sensitive to this and understand.
    However, at the same time, we do not tolerate when someone goes ahead and abuses another member. Yes there are times when some harsh words may be exchanged, but whenever it comes to a point that a person intentionally goes ahead and abuses another member, we step in and take action
    Its always best to allow members to handle problems among themselves. Via PM's, emails, etc... keeping things out of the public areana is good.
    I want to thank the maturity and good sense that the member community uses here. There are only a few exceptions and we try to deal with each of them.
    Our thanks to all those members who understand the purpose of this site and also understand what each of us go through.
    I have made several posts and sent PM's to members that they believe I was trying to isolate them. I will tell you very frankly, when I want to make a point with someone, or to tell someone that they are wrong and need to change, there is no question, I do not beat around the bush, I come right out and tell the person.
    We are very lucky to have understanding moderators in
    Miki, Bruce and Paul. They efforts here are very admirable and deserve credit
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I use them only when I feel like they really need to intervene. I don't feel like a tattle tale either. That's why they are here and do an excellent job. So thank you to you all for doing a job that you volunteer to do. We appreciate all of your hard work.
  • so much Tonya , that means alot. I can tell you that all of us , Ron , Paul , Bruce and myself love being MODS\ADMIN and doing what we can when we can....it is an honor to be able to do it.....thank you again.....take care.....Miki
  • Oh Tonya~I didn't mean that anyone going to the mods or admin would be a tattle taler..sometimes I word things wrong.Actually there are times when it is probably best to talk to one of them,or go to one of them for guidance in a situation.I probably should have done that myself once,but I have a hard time asking for help sometimes.

I was a mod once on a forum and know how 'trying' it can be at times.One of the mods here reached out and helped me during a stressful situation-I was,and remain very thankful.

It takes a lot to keep a forum running smoothly.

• Thank you for your reassurance. I always try to be mindful of everyone's feelings because I want to be a friend to all. Also when I write, I try to inject a dose of humor, and I know I can be "spicy" at times.
  • How kind of you to say.I enjoy humour..we need to laugh sometimes,and a little spice or saucy talk is all just personality shining through.

I have no desire to hurt anyones feelings.If I ever have I'm only a PM away,and am easy enough to talk to.
  • You have been nothing but kind and caring, and your posts are always informative. Keep up the good work :)
  • this was all nice I am a newbie one week i think and have to admit everyone is always nice if i had come here and someone had been mean i just would have gone away after everything we have gone through and are going throughi do not think that any of us need unkind words

kiss and a hug to anyone who needs it

nancy in canada
  • how are younow

can i have an update what did the surgeon say

i was in your shoes good ;uck
  • :H

I'm in a happy mood today and felt like passing it on..

advertisement