Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help I'm falling

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
I need some input from anyone that can help please...I have bone spurs on 4 and 5 and I also have osteoarthris and a bulging disk. I have had 2 TFLESI and the last one being end of July. It has helped wonderful until about a week ago. I'm FALLING! I have sciatica in my left buttock and down my left leg, but now my left leg doesn't seem to want to work right and I fell today in my carport and I fell hard enough that I have done something else to my back, feels like a sore risen if you lean up against my back. My pain treatment center is closed until Monday, but is anyone know or have any info about falling? Thank you and have a great weekend.
advertisement

Comments

• I'm sorry that you fell,if you are hurt why would you wait until your pain treatment center is open?I would think that if you fell and are hurt that you might need to seek medical help immediately-since you were hurt.

Maybe you could have gone to your Dr or ER after you fell?

I don't know what 2 TFLESI is,so I cannot help you there.

I saw that you posted another thread,I wish I could be of more help.If you are hurt you should get help,don't wait until Monday.IMO.
    Take Care.
  • Thank you so much Robin. the LESE are the epidural injections they do in the back. With my chronic condition with my back I'm new to all this and didn't know if I should go to my primary doctor or wait to go to my PM doctor. I was mainly wondering if anyone else has had the symptom of falling with sciatica....I do thank you for your reply very much and hope you have a great weekend
  • Well,are you ok?
    I mean,good grief-you might have really hurt something since you did fall.

I've had ESI's myself.
  • May I ask how old you are? Where you conscious the entire time? What caused you to fall... did your leg just give out, or did you "just fall"

I ask because my husbands grandmother fell down a small flight of stairs. She couldn't explain why she fell, thought maybe she tripped. Because she didn't know why she fell, the doctors thought she may have had a stroke. Remember, I am not a doctor, so I cannot tell you what is happening, or offer any medical advice.

No matter what caused you to fall, I think that this would warrant a trip to the ER. I think that you should be evaluated before Monday, since falling to me sounds very serious, and next time, you might not be able to get up... or could hit your head.

If you can't get to the ER, I would at least try to call your doctor for some advice. They should have someone on call for the weekend.

If none of those are options, I would stay inside, and have someone with you at all times. Try to take it easy, relax until you can get to the doctor. I would try not to walk around too much, in case you fall again.

I am not a doctor, so please don't take this as medical advice, only the opinion of a concerned friend. Okay?

Good luck, and let us know what you find out

Amanda

• ya'll are so sweet and thank you for your replies. I'm 49 years old. It's almost as if my leg is going out on me and it's the same side that I have such a hard time with sciatica. This is the third fall within a week being the same leg, but today it was just walking to the car with my mom and BAM I'm mean to tell you I hit the cement full force and I'm just stove up pretty good this evening. My main concern is that it has something to do with sciatica maybe, haven't a clue and was wondering if anyone else has heard of this or is this something completly different from my back problems... :)
  • ya'll are so sweet and thank you for your replies. I'm 49 years old. It's almost as if my leg is going out on me and it's the same side that I have such a hard time with sciatica. This is the third fall within a week being the same leg, but today it was just walking to the car with my mom and BAM I'm mean to tell you I hit the cement full force and I'm just stove up pretty good this evening. My main concern is that it has something to do with sciatica maybe, haven't a clue and was wondering if anyone else has heard of this or is this something completly different from my back problems... :)
  • This happened to me exactly the same way. I'm male and 56 and it turned out to be a ruptured disc at L4/L5 affecting the upper left leg. Four uncontrolled falls. Your leg just falls out from under you - it's not your fault! You need an MRI to confirm this. Surgery may not be essential, but the MRI and physical therapy certainly are the minimum required! Best of luck.
advertisement