Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

11 Days Post Op - Microdiscectomy L5/S1

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi Guys :H
Thaks for all of your kind messges and words of wisdom on my last thread. Well pain in right bum cheek has gone thought it would as think it was just my nerves settling down. Dressing finally came off yesterday and my scar is about 2" long rather than 1cm (they removed more than originally planned) :W Well @Im back home with my daughter, cooking, even hoovering but some days I just have no energy so realise this is my body telling me to slow down. The only thing I really struggle with is sitting and a bit of lower back pain when I do sit (hoping this will eventually settle down) Trying to go without my meds and today so far have not taken anything!!! Really proud of myself and my daughter cos she has been a star. Plus all my mates who helped when I came out of hospital. >:D< O:) Seeing my Dr on Tuesday next week and hoping he will give me permission to drive, will definately be avoiding rush hour traffic though for a while as dont think I could sit for that long!!! :P Speak soon xxx ;))
advertisement

Comments

• It's good to hear that you're keeping a positive attitude toward recovery. I'm always being reminded that life is 10 percent what happens, and 90 percent your attitude towards it. I have to say I believe that!

Congrats on making it through most of the day without any pain meds! I look forward to reaching that point. It seems like you have the perfect mindset for your surgery to be a success. It's refreshing to hear. Keep up the awesome job! :) (With both your recovery AND simultaneously being a single mother. Both require a great deal of strength!)

=D> I think this guy is clapping... I can't tell for sure. I apologize if he is doing something else...... Lol.

• I had the same procedure as you. Was your surgery on 9-5? I have twinges here and there and numbness in my right foot. I was able to drive 2 days ago. Try not to rush it if you can. I have noticed more pain in my right foot and back after driving. I too have stopped the pain meds too except tylenol. I went to work for 2 hours today and saw 2 clients (I'm a lawyer). I started hurting in my back during the first client. I'm still not used to sitting up. I wonder if going back today was too soon. I'm a little weapy now as I wonder when I can get back to "normal". The secretary was sweet--telling me ugly flats are in right now. :)

I admire you for caring for your daughter. I would love to hear more how you are doing.