Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Injections, ablation, lidoderm patches, hot pad what next???

ellineellin Posts: 188
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
:( I am to my breaking point. A little history of me is lots of epiderals, than S1 injections than facets all lower back. I have been complaing about my upper back for 2 years and the pain goes from a 2-10 Dr. said oh it is just a muscle strain. Ok now had lower back ablation done neck now hurting MRI and 3 bludge disc other things minor I think with the neck. Go last fri. for cervical facet 2 levels. Yesterday started to feel the pain and stiffness called the Dr. now have to go this fri. to the surgery center again for yet another cervical injection Dr. says no ablation yet, not like I want that but, better than more steriods. Now today my upper back 10 range. Crying in pain had husband put bengay on nada for pain had him put lioderm patches on both sides of my shouler? bone (upper back) now sitting with a heat wrap on neck. Oh my does this ever end. I am embarrased to even call the PM to tell him of my upper back. He might think that I am nuts. His assist. who takes all the calls must think?? Should I feel embarased?? I am so down. It is no fun living with this pain. Husband does not get it at all. His remark is go for another shot. Let it be him and he would not say that to me. I feel so alone with all this. I have alot on my head with all this and more. Dog died 8-6-08 have to have surgery on a small mass found in my breast that was to be this Fri only for it to be put off until the 26th good thing in a way because now I can get my injection for my neck. Ok sorry for going on and on. It just stinks. Thanks for letting me vent.
advertisement

Comments

• Heat always inflamed things for me. Have you tried ice on your neck? It's not the most comfortable thing in the world, but you could try an ice massage on your neck. Prior to surgery, PT and ice massages were the only way I could get through. (To do an ice massage you take a tiny paper Dixie Cup and freeze water in it. Once frozen, peel the paper down the sides so only ice on top and have someone lightly move the ice over small sections of your neck/shoulder area until the section is numb then move to next section. One tip is to have a hand towel to keep the melted drips from running down your back.)
    Hopefully that will give you some relief.
    I've already said a prayer for you.
    God Bless,
    Christy
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,720
    I found the following things helpful in between doctor visits or PT visits: (for upper Thoracic discs)

1) Warm moist heat 15 minutes max
    2) Then using a tennis ball rolled in a sock, putit on the floor and lay down so that your shoulder blade rests on the ball. Slowly move back/forth/side to side and let the tennis ball massage your back
    3) Using a 1/2 or full foam pad, lie on it vertically. This will help open your chest and relieve some Thoracic stress
    4) Using a large Green Exercise ball go through a series of exercises that come with the ball.
    5) Using a home Tens unit
    6) Using Lidoderm Patches
    7) Using a soothing ointment, such as BioFreeze
    8) Using Aroma/Music Therapy for relaxation
    9) Use of a Theracane to 'breakdown' some of the trigger points

Many many times during flare ups one or all of the above helped me get through some rough times.

But please remember, doing Numbers #2 ,#3, and #4 always check with your doctor first to see if they would approve those exercises

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Do not be embarrassed!!!! Its all connected in there. Perhaps compensation aggravated something else. I like alot of dilauro's suggestions and if you want to call DO NOT BE EMBARRASSED!