Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back from chiro. Amazing

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi all, I went to try the Spinal decompression. i checked with surgeon he said it was OK to try it out. The Chiropractor is not adjusting me or anything like that, I know of few of you were alarmed.It is just consultation up to this point but he let me try to the cervical spinal decompression machine for free today to see how it feels. I had traction for the first time last week and that was more trouble than it was worth. So I go in to try SD, it is this huge machine with table next to it apparantly high tech all computerized. I laid there all hooked up for about 25 min. it felt like it was barely doing anything, I felt a slight tug every once in a while from the thing attached above my head. I was finished at thought what a rip, he said it is gentle thats why you dont feel it but it was the same amount of weight you had on traction last week(that nearly killed me with pain) So I come home and I need to tell you my neck feels good, I mean Im not even sure if that :? feeling is good but I am not in pain. My range of motion is good. My arm still bites but progress not perfection. I am not sure what this means but I am thinking. Maybe it is just a fluke but I have not been pain free in my neck for several weeks if not months. We will see what tomorrow brings. Is $3500 that much money to be pain free???? just checking. Sunshine :?
advertisement

Comments

• You know, I was lying in bed watching tv a couple of mornings ago and there was an infomercial about this new high tech decompression machine. It was called something like DSX9000 (or something similar to that). They said it was so gentle that patients really didn't feel anything and of course they had testimonials praising this machine as well. I can't help but wonder if this is the exact same machine you used!
  • Hello, that is the machine I was on and it did feel like nothing was happening but I felt better after 1 session. The $3500 is for 20 sessions they say that is about the average time it takes to pull the herniated disc back into place and heal. Sounds incredible I know but today I may not be pain free, my neck hurts a little and my arm is still screaming but I feel better than I have in the last week. I am going to go over and see my family about 45min drive but I feel up to it. I am really considering this as an alternative to surgery. I mean if it doesnt work than I can still have the surgery. I know it sounds crazy but I am so scared of sugery that fear is a huge motivator. I will see what tomorrow brings.Hopefully less pain or the same as today I can handle this. Sunshine
  • the machine is DRX9000, not DSX9000 as I had previously posted. I saw the infomercial again yesterday morning for it. ;) I thought I'd correct myself in case anyone wanted to research it.
advertisement