Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

massive headache and nausea

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
well everything was going really well at therapy today until i started doing my exercise to help retrain my balance and for some reason i got dizzy and felt down.My therapist came over and helped me up and made sure that i was fine.At the time i seemed to be ok didn't feel any different just a little light headed ,but then about an hour after i got home i started to get a sore neck,got a massive headache and the nausea followed :sick: after a few hours i did throw up. i called them to let them know what happened but of course it was too late they had already gone for the day.its been eight hours my headache has let up a bit but i'm still nauseous.hopefully it will settle soon. i took a gravol but it hasn't helped yet. hopefully i'm not up all night. my ribs have started to tighten up and i'm sure that i'm going to feel even worse tomorrow. Yahoo!I didn't mention yet but i'm five months post op c4-c7fusion and still healing.
advertisement

Comments

• Tammy you need to call the surgeon and tell them what happened just to be on the safe side. Did you do anything in therapy that you have not done before. If the pains get any worse you might want to go see the surgeon. Keep us posted.
  • nope nothing new same old exercises.its just seems like for the passed two or three weeks it gets more and more difficult to do. i was doing really well at it,but now for some reason i'm backsliding.
  • woman! :( I 100% agree with tamtam-call your surgeon first thing tomorrow them know what happened.
  • yes check with doc. there is an inner ear thing called benign proximal positional vertigo (BPPV). If it happened while you were lying down and the rolled over--its a possibility. the crystals in the inner ear can loosen and do this.
  • Is real easy to determine. Basically it stops once you stop for a bit. It starts up again once you shift from seated to lying or lying to seated position.

It's like a short spring wind up toy. You wind it up, let it spin and once the spring wind is loose, the spinning stops unless you wind it up again.

"C"
  • therapy called first thing this morning to see how i was and i told them that i had a bad night. bad headache and was throwing up my muscles have tightened up from my neck down to my hips they told me to contact my doctor and get checked out so i did. she checked my ears said that they were fine,did some neurological tests ,blood pressure and said because i was gettin sick that i needed a cat scan to make sure i wasn't bleeding in my brain.went this afternoon,they said that they would call my doctor with the results,i know that she does close early on fridays so i don't know if they called her before she closed or not when i left the hospital it was already three and they said that they would call her in a few hours so i assume she had gone but you'd think if it was important that she would be paged. she said to keep heating the muscles and get a massage and to get back to therapy as soon as possible.no rest for the wicked. sometimes i feel like i must have been awful bad in another lifetime. 8}
  • Glad that the doc is taking you serious and trying to figure out what is going on. Let us know when you find out anything and by all means, holler if you need someone to holler at or to!

"C"
  • well its four days later and i think everything is starting to subside a bit. i went through the weekend feeling so sick and sore,taking gravols every four hours and tylenols for the headache,today i only needed gravol and tylenol once. my muscles are still pretty tight but i'll take anything i can right now.hopefully that's the next thing to get better. :)
  • Glad to hear you're feeling better. :)

Me too. Finally stopped taking the muscle relaxers and tylenol last night. I haven't exercised since Friday :S and I keep telling myself that's okay, its what my back needed. Sometimes I think I can get a bit obsessive... L)
advertisement