Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Heard a "pop"

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
This morning I heard and felt a "pop" in my low back while I was kinda bending sideways at the waist while reaching for something. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before. I KNOW I should not have bent sideways like that-I just forgot for a second. To make matters worse....I was NOT wearing my brace-only because it was first thing this morning and I was about to put it on. I do not want to call the doc about this-his office is 1 hour away and I was just there on wednesday. Do you think that I could have messed something up that easily? I am not in any more pain than before it happened-just kinda sore. I hate living in fear-always worried. Will I ever get over this?!
advertisement

Comments

• Is, do you feel any pain or anything out of the ordinary?

The paranoia goes away, but it takes a while.

"C"
  • Hi hun,
    Most of us have done it at one point or another.
    I always here weird noises in my back. Especially last years surgery I would roll in bed and feel pop. It ended up being nothing.
    Like "C" said if there is not increased pain out of the norm.
    If you do not feel right all day today etc I would call, they may give you info over the phone what to look for etc.
    I personally would just ice and rest today.
    Let us know how you make out O:)
    Use that grabber girlfriend!!!!!! ;) They have longer ones at places like walmart etc with suction cups that work better . The ones at the hospy are cheap and not very strong. They are about 20 bucks if your able to get one.
    Hubby threw mine out this summer darn him X( Its got the oxy clean guy on the front if I recall right.
  • and see how you are tomorrow. I echo what Terri has said that you will hear all sorts of yukki noises.

It was probably nothing so unless the pain gets worse try not to worry about it.

Blessings Sara O:)
  • Thanks Guys! I have been hearing poping noises coming from my sacrum and upper back but this is the first time I heard it in my lumbar! I do NOT have any more pain than usual-Thank God! It just scared me. I am guessing if I REALLY messed up something-I would be hurting! I am so glad that I have these boards to turn to-no one else can relate or really knows what is normal and not. Thanks for the replies!
  • It feels like joints popping, no pain. Feels like from several joints in my lower back area and hips. I'm going to my OS this week and will ask him what's up with this! No pain, just lots of popping. I suspect it's from the compressed disks.
  • Shay, I have had several pops in the last 7 weeks in the lumbar, didn't hurt so I didn't worry. My lumbar used to crunch with every little movement, so is much improved. Sue
advertisement