Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

After surgery still no hope

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi,
I am newbie to this forum. I had laminectomy c3-c7 DDD on August 2008. My disease had started on 2006 july. Before surgery i could walk without cruch but unbalanced. but after immidiate surgery i could lift my legs and little balanced but can walk only with single cruch.3-4 months after surgery it was same conditions because i was taking stereoids. But after off from medicines i had severe problems with legs. every time i am walking with cruch with crossed legs. left leg starts vibrating when am standing after long sitting. without cruch i can't walk. Also my left leg always tapping.I don't know can i will be normal walk. Where i am working they will not fire me. but i can't get good job because of unfit. I am a mechanical design engineer. can anybody feels this type symptoms after surrgery?

Please help.!!
advertisement

Comments

• WElcome to the board.

I have been trying to read your post but I am afraid I really dont understand. I dont know if you are using abrevieations like they do for phone texts but it seems to be a bit all over the place .

So questions for you.
    1. It was C3-C7 laminectomy - is that right?
    2. I dont understand why you are having problems walking.
    I am assuming that cruch means crutch as in walking aid.?
    3. you mention disease and maybe that is why I am having problems but maybe you are refering to your DDD?
    4. DO you have spinal problem in the lumbar region?
    5. What does your Dr say about all of this.

I really dont mean to be rude but you will get a better response when we have more information.

Blessings Sara
  • Oh I am so glad that you understand and may be able to help. Thanks
    Sara
  • Welcome to Spine Health.

I know how frustrating being "unbalanced" is. I had surgery at C2 and C1 and wound up so "unbalanced" I couldn't walk. It took a lot of rehab and determination for me to regain my balance and I was able to get away from the cane and holding on to things.

Paul's right, your symptoms sound very similar to his. Paul's a good guy and you can talk to him pretty easy. Please send him a message.

"C"
  • Hi paula i was just wondering what hyperflexia and clonus was? i think i have heard them names before, i think i read on my mri clonus normally sited.but i may be wrong??? just wondering what they mean, thanks!!
  • Hiya, i have read your post, maybe there are underlying other health issues that perhaphs have not been investigated hdd............im not trying to scare u but its just a thought
  • welcome hhd.
    yes your symptoms do sound similar to pauls.
    have you started PT or anything to that nature?
    have they done more testing to find out the reason this happened?
    i had lost some gait before my surgery. but i had surgery within a month of finding the issue the disk was so severely herniated. so that was gone when awoke.

i just want to wish you the best of luck as i know how walking issues are so difficult. i have to use a walker as mine are very very painful. and freeze up..

hang in there
    terri >:D<

• Thanks Terry,
    I am doing PT but you know i can't do more time because i am getting tired soon.I can't walk more than 1 mile once. Most nightmare is walking with crutch and crossing road.My doctor is telling i am better than before.Wish you will recovery soon.
    TerriJV said:
    welcome hhd.
    yes your symptoms do sound similar to pauls.
    have you started PT or anything to that nature?
    have they done more testing to find out the reason this happened?
    i had lost some gait before my surgery. but i had surgery within a month of finding the issue the disk was so severely herniated. so that was gone when awoke.

i just want to wish you the best of luck as i know how walking issues are so difficult. i have to use a walker as mine are very very painful. and freeze up..

hang in there
    terri >:D<
  • Thanks Sara,
    Let me clear about your questions
    1- Yes it was C3-C7 laminectomy
    2-I don't know exactly about walking problem but doctor is telling that because of spinal stenosis there is slip disc between c3-c7 and also swelling on cord at C7-T2. After surgery still swelling is there. Doctor is telling until swelling will not reduce i will have problem with balance.But if i will take steroids then i am feeling better. but there are so many side effects of steroids which i can't take for long time.
    3-DDD- Disc Degenerative Disease
    4-I don't think any problem in Lumber region because MRI has shown in only cervical region.

I am thinking after surgery i should have once more MRI. because i don't know what is happening in spine after surgery.
    Angelback said:
    WElcome to the board.

I have been trying to read your post but I am afraid I really dont understand. I dont know if you are using abrevieations like they do for phone texts but it seems to be a bit all over the place .

So questions for you.
    1. It was C3-C7 laminectomy - is that right?
    2. I dont understand why you are having problems walking.
    I am assuming that cruch means crutch as in walking aid.?
    3. you mention disease and maybe that is why I am having problems but maybe you are refering to your DDD?
    4. DO you have spinal problem in the lumbar region?
    5. What does your Dr say about all of this.

I really dont mean to be rude but you will get a better response when we have more information.

Blessings Sara
advertisement