Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

i'm back!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
my 360 fusion (L4-L5-S1) on monday went well. i have a dural tear so have had to be flat on my back for an extra 24 hours. that was miserable. today was my first day to get up and walk. i have some nausea and headache when i first get up. the pain on the left side of my leg is gone but i'm having some new pain on the left side. it only happens when i try to lay flat on my back. the nurse thinks it is muscle spasm or something but i'm not so sure. i've been on a morphine drip, hydrocodone and valium and that combo has seem to control my paii. if i could get rid of the headache and nausea i would be doing better. I probably won't go home until Saturday though...hope everyone is doing well...
advertisement

Comments

• ahh i hope ur headche and nausea go away and then let the healing begin,wishing u well and soon!!!
  • Hiya >:D<

WISHING YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY, TAKE IT EASY I) . KEEP US POSTED! YOU KNOW WE ALL LOVE YOU !

ANGIE :)
  • Hi Croswet,

Hope you are feeling less nauseas today, and that the headache has gone.

Hope your recovery gooes well and we are all here to provide any support you need.

Take each day as it comes, and the bad days may be few I hope, just view them as challenging days and not bad ones. Just helps to have a positive attitude.

Thinking of you.

Love Danni xxx gentle hug xxx
  • Congratulations! Nice to know your surgery is over and you are on the road to recovery.

I had all kinds of weird pains after surgery - muscle spasms, nerve pain, etc. despite the meds. Ask about a heating pad - my hospital had wonderful ones! - that really helped with the muscle spasms. The doctor was OK with it as long as I did not have it on the incision. But ice packs were good near the incision. In the hospital and for weeks at home I wen to bed so encased in heat and ice packs that if I moved it took forever to reposition everything! But they helped so much! (It was a long time before I was comfortable lying on my back - even now there are some nights it just does not work.)

Best wishes for your recovery!

• Glad to hear you made it through okay. I'm having a three-level lumbar fusion next month, so I'm anxious to hear how you do. I hope your nausea and headache go away soon.

Linda
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Welcome to the other side. Sounds like you are doing great all things considered. How is your tummy doing? Are they letting you eat yet? Hang in there it will get easier.
    >:D< Cali-Sue
  • for a fast recovery and fusion.
  • Hi Croswet

Good to hear from you. I was thinking about you on Monday as you had an early op and mine was cheduled for later in the day - then the consultant took ill and I was sent home!!! Anyway my turn in the morning.

Those spinal leak headaches are a killer. I had one last year when the discogram needle got too close for comfort!! It was weeks until I had no headache at all, but once it starts to subside life is much better. I did have a problem with sound though - Everything was way too loud. Are you experiencing the same?

Good luck for your recovery. I'll be off the air for a couple of weeks - but hope to hear good things from you when I get back to the pc

hugs and smiles
  • Hi Croswet

This is attempt x2 - my replies keep dissaprearing. X(

OK, wanted to say, be gentle on yourself. Patience is the biggest gift you can give yourself. Pace, pace and do as you are told. Let the docs and therapists guide you. Listen to your body.

Please lie flat (wriggle those toes) but chill until the headache passes. I had ringing in my ears too. Not nice. Give in to a long (ish) recovery. RECOVERY..key word here!!

If I could learn one thing from my experience, don't try and be ahero and don't suffer. If it hurts, take the pain killers and tell someone.

Hugs to you.

I wish you well. pm me if you want to ask anything. I am 2 weeks post 3rd op.
  • so glad its over for you. now let the healing begin!!!!!

so sorry about the headache and nausea.
    that is why i cannot use morphine, but yours may be from something else.

i tried writing earlier to and this site is going slowwwww since this morning and it takes forever to get on and post.
    HINT HINT HINT in cyber land!!!!

cannot wait for you to post again and let us know when your home!!!

<:P =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
advertisement