Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello fellow spinal sufferers

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi- My god, I thought I was all alone in my suffering! It is so great to get to a place where people are going through the same decisions and pain that I am having to endure. I do not mean for one moment that I would wish my pain on others because that is absolutely not tru. I am just giddy at the thought that I can read about other's experiences and gain a better understanding of my options.
I am 45 y.o. and have had neck, shoulder and cervical pain which started when I was 18 years old. I finally discovered about pain cycles and am presently in the middle of a very bad pain cycle. I can totally relate to what someone was saying on one posting where they were happy one day and then realized about half way through the day that they were having a good pain day without as much pain as normal. I feel this way often and my pain colors my moods and my outlook. I have to rest my head frequently because the simple act of holding my head up causes tingling and pain that is off the charts. it begins about 30 minutes after I arise in the morning and continues all day until I rest my head.
Anyway, I am so thankful that I found this place and am excited that I have found a place where I can be understood and can understand the lingo and the dilemmas. Thanks for letting me join.
Moni
advertisement

Comments

• We know exactly what you mean about being happy to find us. We were all in your shoes at one time or another. I am so sorry to hear of your struggle. I used to have the neck pain where I could not hold my head up so I can relate to how horrible that can be. Good luck to you and I look forward to seeing you around the forum.
  • it felt great to me when i first found spine health forums, it was a great relief because i was thinking after surgery my pain should of just gone away and i was kinda uneasy telling people about it. hope u find some useful info to go along with your tests and doctors appointment. another thing i found out here is the the specifics of my surgery as i didnt know what acdf meant. u must get a medal for enduring your pain for 27 years.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry to read of your suffering. it can be a comfort to find like minded people like you have here. we have a "Neck Problems" forum you might want to look into. please make yourself at home and know you are not alone. :H good luck with your pain treatments. Jenny :)