Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Finally! Something Happening

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
=D> Finally, my NS office called and scheduled another MRI. They had tried me in a Closed MRI but I didn't quite fit far enough in. They have me scheduled for next week in an Open MRI that they say has a much stronger magnet than the one I had done in June.

The team where I tried the Closed MRI said my NS is very particular about the clarity and quality of the films. I am happy about that. He did get as far as to decide I need surgery on the C5-C6 level. He just wasn't sure if it should be Foraminotomy or ACDF. The former they go in from the back of my neck, make more room for the C6 nerve root, trim the disc with high speed drill. That's my understanding.

He did talk about the possibility of ACDF on that level too. As it is now I have this next MRI this coming week then I see my NS on Nov 4th. On that date I hope he finally comes to a surgical decision so we can get this taken care of.

Sure takes a lot of time waiting sometimes, don't it?

Ken GreyEagle
Greyeagle
advertisement

Comments

• I think the waiting and worrying is worse than the actual surgery. :''( Hopefully the MRI will go well, and your neuro will have some clear pic's, so he can decide what he (and you) want to do. Waiting is so hard. Hang in there, Nov 4 will be here before you know it.

Maggie
  • Thanks for your comments Maggie! I also have type 2 diabetes. I have peripheral neuropathy. I take meds for my diabetes since diagnosed 10 yrs ago. No insulin to inject yet.

Yep, it is probably harder waiting and wondering before the surgery then after. I keep wondering if he is going to do a C5-C6 ACDF or go in from the back of my neck and do the disc trimming, etc.

Well, I'll find out Nov 4th it looks like.

Thanks again!

Ken
    Greyeagle
  • grey eagle
    i had posterior c1 c2 fusion. just giving u an honest experience . . . ..it hurt like hell. they do tear up lots of soft tissue that will eventually heal but be prepared. have it all done at once.
    the pain subsides in ten days. right now i am six weeks post op and have no pian at all. i do not even take muscle relaxers.
    do what u gotta do. we will help u through it.
  • I'm so happy for you!
    I feel like your getting One Step Closer to your Goal.
    And if it takes one foot forward at a time then that's what we you have to do.
    We all know what stepping backwards is like, Its about time you get to take one step forward and then many steps ahead will come.

I have said it before but I will say it again. GOOD 4 YOU!

Blowing A Lucky Ladybug wish to you Ken
advertisement