Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Any suggestions Im in pain!!!!!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Chronic Pain
Hello to anyone that may help , Im a 38 yr old male, and I had back surgery over 10 yrs ago, and to make a long story short, the Dr messed up on me, Well I still have back problems, nerve damage in both legs, both legs have foot drop, and left leg has no feeling up to knee, I also have had a spinal Stimulator instaled to try and control the pain,It helps some but no cure!, I wanted to know if any one could help me with this paticular pain I have in the left foot and Calf, It comes basically whenever. and sometimes keeps me up for days at a time,its like someone is stabbing me in the foot with a knife every 3-15 Secs.
Kinda like a muscle spasam, but Its a nerve pain spasam.
The pain is so Awful that i've considered mabey haveing my foot amputated up to the knee, nothing will help the pain when it comes, it basically has to go away on its on and sometimes takes days. Please help any one!
Russ
advertisement

Comments

• Hello there and welcome to Spin Heath!

I do not suffer fro anything like you hae going on, but was touched by your post. I am so sorry that your experiencing this pain. How awful!
    I can only repeat the thins that Paulgla has suggested. Sometime I think it akes a bit of seaarching for a pina sufferer to find the right doc and or dombo of medications for treatment. Bu the main thing...at least for me ..is I need to feel that my doctor, PM..ortho or other types of docs, are really working on trying to help me to get better and I need to feel comfy with them.
    If your not comfortable with what is going on with your pain please tell your doctor and see what they think...if they have no answeres or anything else to suggest...maybe it is time for a second or thrird look from some other docs.

Again, best of luck and I am so sorry your pain is so high at this time.
    This place has many people and your bound to find someone who has similar or the same types of pains as you do...
    Chrissy
  • after surgery even 10 years can produce weird pain in weird areas. i have had 4 surgeries, 2 fusion on L3,4,5, lamenectomy on 3 and hardware removal and i can relate brother. one surgery is supposed to get rid of one type of pain but sometimes you will get a different pain in another area. nerve pain is weird. i still have pain in butt, down leg to knee and my rt foot is numb. now it is happening in left leg which i have never had problems with. do you have a pain dr ? go to him and get a 2nd opinion on your surgery and tell new dr that old dr screwed up. take all mri's test etc you have to both and see what they offer. might need stronger pain meds but be careful because you don't want dr to think you want drugs. be open and polite and non confrontational and if they say no to meds say thanks and see someone else. sometimes you have to check out a lot of drs to get right one
    good luck

jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • It's tough to go thru all these things, and nerve pain is awful. I suffer with it too, and the muscle spasms are among the worst. Not to mention the burning, stabbing, crushing, pins and needles, and numbness. It's like you have to brace yourself for what's next.
    Antidepressants like Cymbalt >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< a or other medicines like Lyrica and Neurontin are very helpful for nerve pain.
    What type of surgery did you have? How long have you had the neurostimulator? I had a microdiscectomy last year, and a 2 level spinal fusion over 4 months ago, and I still battle the pain. I might wind up having a pump next year, since my stim trial went bad, if I don't improve. Are you getting relief from your stimulator, it sure doesn't sound like it.
    I hope you get to feeling better and am sorry to hear that you're suffering. Here's a big group hug. Take care >:D<
  • Most of my pain is neuropathic pain. Nerve pain sucks and is unpredictable. I dont mind numbness and weakness much anymore but the burning/electrocution feeling in my foot and up my ankle/lower leg is brutal at times. I'm not sure if it's pressure from a disc or just permanent nerve damage at this point, had 2 surgery's this year I hoped would help but they havent. I'm trying to figure out my next major move. I just was put on methadone which my doc told me is better on nerve pain than oxycontin and it's long lasting, also take oxycodone for BT pain, neurontin daily, and valium only for spasms which I dont get much of anymore. I would atleast try to get on neurontin or lyrica to see if it helps your nerve pain.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.