Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Suffering from chronic depression

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Anybody out there just fed up with life? ~X( :''(
advertisement

Comments

• That you are having such a rough go of things. It does get tough from time to time. I will keep you in my thoughts.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • I think it is only natural for those suffering from chronic pain to be depressed from time to time. I often will go a few days not wanting to talk to anyone and haveing nothing positive to think about as far as my future goes.

I think this is ok as long as it does not last and you are aware of it and trying to do something about it. Once it goes past just a few days I think it is important to force yourseld to talk about it, as you are doing with this post, and try to turn your thoughts around. This may be something that needs meds to give you a little help being positive or maybe getting started with a therapist.

No matter how bad you have it, there is someone worse off that has a positive attitude. I dont know how these people do it, but I think trying your best to figure out your solution is importantant.
  • often goes hand in hand with chronic pain.
  • Depression does go hand in hand with chronic pain. I know I
    dread gettting up every day because I know the pain is going to be there. Having said that, I do get up and march on. I am lucky that I am self employed and I can lie down when I need to at work. If I were working for someone I would be on full disability.
    I am seeing a pschyiatrist to help me deal with the pain and I think it does help talking with him. He gives me hope that we can beat this with time.

Hang in there....
  • just the way it is I guess, only thing that helps me is high grade marijuana.
advertisement