Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I don't seem to be able to diet

nayshiftinnnayshiftin Posts: 16
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
Even though it may mean less pain.
Even though I'd look better
Even though life would never be the same
Even though it would be a good role setter
I don't seem to lose the weight
Nor stick to less on my plate
but for me my family and anything else
Please give me ideas to change my sad state.

Tried all diets going. Except those that say no food.
advertisement

Comments

• Many of us are on a diet here. Are you excercising? 30 minutes a day is a goal or 3x10 minutes is also okay. Does back or neck or leg pain stop you from excercising? It's good to let us know your history. Hope that wasn't so many questions. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I know how you feel. I also have cholesterol and triglyceride problems. But comfort food is so great. there is nothing like chocolate and all those foods with fats.

I wish I could give you advice. But then I would be the 30lbs. lighter I was before I had surgery. I can only say I understand. Try to drink water when you feel hungry. I read that somewhere. And tomorrow I will try it. Just try it one day at a time. Walmart has a flavored water that makes it go down easier.
  • I exercise as much as I can but that less than before. It's no excuse really. Your right I will try more
    Yes I guess diet and exercise is the only way.It's great you replied and another makes me feel less alone.
  • I think it's important to keep yourself motivated and focus on positive aspects in your life. Often, we find ourselves eating way too much than what our body needs because we are not engaged in activities that fulfill us.

I think it's great that you're careful with your body image, but don't obsess too much over it. Try not to weight yourself too often either, or use the quantum scale, the one that records your weight but doesn't display it, it just tells you your progress. The reason I'm saying this is because when your weight reaches a plateau it gets harder and harder to lose those pounds and you might begin to feel frustrated and lose motivation.
    Stay positive, keep a good attitude and I'm sure you'll be just fine :D
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.