Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Urgent surgery in the am,now I'm really scared !

grandmesamomggrandmesamom Posts: 181
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Greetings to all,
My surgery was moved up to Nov 3rd because my symptoms are worsening and now include both arms. It has been a very long journey to get diagnosed and treated for this. I saw a new NS who had no trouble identifying my problem and discussing the urgency of the situation. He told me if I want to avoid permanent injury that I need to take care of the spinal cord compression quickly.The insurance company even went along with he NS and approved the surgery.
So here I sit here tonight very frightened of the unknown. The Dr is calling this a revision surgery( I had ACDF C6-7 last year),with a ACDF C5-6 with instrumentation. The first surgery wasn't bad at all , so I am confident this will go just as easy. They are not using my own bone this time so that should be easier. They just feel i will be at high risk for vocal cord problems as I was last year.
Please keep me in your prayers . I am trying to stay as positive and calm as I can to my family, but I am so frightened. Things can only get better for me !!
Best wishes to all,
Bethy
advertisement

Comments

advertisement