Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve pain?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have cervical stenosis-mild to moderate--which is pressing on ventral surface of c4 5 w distortion of cord.

Have any of you with this had nerve pains in your feet? What about eye pressure pains?

I have had so many random pains all over my body and muscle twitches everywhere.Only one more week till I see NS to see if this is related!
advertisement

Comments

• i have had the worse pains in my left foot, and my hands something terrible, since i have been in p.t. it has gotten worse also. no eye pressure pains, but ear pressure all the time, aches. i have rupture c5-c6, and bone spurs, i too have muscle spasms, and twitches. spondylosis, ddd, and is all getting worse. i also have the lower back which has gotten worse also. pains popping up all over the place. i wake up and my hands are numb every morning. i just wanted you to know you are not alone. good luck with your dr's. appt. always LEO ~X(
  • My NS told me that when nerves get pinched, squished or crunched (not his techinal words but you get the idea) due to spinal/disk issues, you can have pain almost anywhere, feet, legs, arms etc.... For me it is all in my left arm, shoulder, I think the shoulder has been the worst. I had a strange sensation for a few weeks, where the left side of my face, and my shoulder felt like I had a bad rash, kind of a burning tingling feeling. It was quite irritating because when those areas were touched, by anything even water from the shower, it was uncomfortable, but not really painful. I also had a sharp jabbing on and off pain in the left side of my head. I guess the point Im trying to make is when it comes to nerves you can feel pain just about anywhere, in varying degrees, lasting varying times. Ive learned that nerves are interesting little things that can really screw you up anyway they want to! And the pain for me was excrutiating for a couple of months! I wish you well in whatever choice you make!
  • Early this year before I was on psyche drugs, I used to get a lot of spasms down my back. I'd wake up to a lot of twitching in my back, burning, tingling pain in my back and arms. It has seemed to lessen/disappear in my back either with time or my psyche drugs. Now I really only have pain in my left side: Shoulder, arm, hand, wrist, ankle, foot, shoulder blade...As well as lower part of my skull and back of my cervical spine.

From the beginning where I'd get pain almost anywhere till 10 months later where it is more localized and makes a bit more sense...Below in my sig is what Im on and what I have...But basically I have two ruptured disc, mild central stenosis with no cord compression, impingement, and arthritis.
  • hi i have read your notes i must say its similar my ns said my spine looks like i played golf with it as a club that is my ortho says that i have to get the epidural done i got thatapp its in jan so another wait for an app 2 c them i previously had a neck fusion as you know it was down hill from there i reckon once the air gets in thats it like alu windows if they get scratched they start to decay at that spot we are the same the air gets in and starts working its mischief
advertisement