Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Muscle twitches all over

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi guys, my c 4/5 stenosis is mild to moderate. I have had muscle twitching ALL over my body non stop. Not sure if its related to this or something else. Has anyone else here with mild to moderate stenosis had this all over their body??
advertisement

Comments

• I have muscle twitches also. My twitches are nerve and pain related. When i have a massive flare up my nerves go nuts & i can not control my twitches. No one can explain to me why it can get that bad. I have learned to stay on my meds & really try to meditate, Sometimes long hot baths help when I get severe twitches. Just try and rest & take it easy. I will be praying for you!!
  • Thank you for your response. My twitching has been non stop all over for 3 months. How often do you have yours and is it everywhere?

My stensosis was noted as mild/moderate. I worry its something else as I have odd symptoms!
  • Do you take a muscle relaxer prescribed by your Doctor? Take care and I hope it lets up a bit. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • My MRI was two months ago. My EMG was 2 months ago..I see a NS tomorrow.

Nope no relaxers.

Could this be from my spine?
  • Just a thought but my surgeon said some of the twitches come from the pain meds themselves. I kinda of a agree with that as my dose came down after the last surgery as well did some of the body twitches. Keep us posted on what your surgeon says tomorrow.
  • I have had twitches as well as odd symptoms just with cord contact. I had ACDF in July of 05 and all symptoms resolved. Three years later and I learn I have a new hernition and it is touching my cord again. I now have my symptoms back but less pain so I guess that is a plus.

Cindee
  • Hi all I am not on meds...

Cindee was your twitching all over and non stop? What other symptoms did you have? Thanks so much for your response.......
  • I am not on meds either. Mine can be anywhere and come and go. Symptoms increase with activity. My symptoms are neck and shoulder pain, headache, electrical sensations down my back into my legs (not that often)some weakness (more legs than arms this time).It is all pretty bizzare.

When I am upset or stressed it is way worse. I just try and let it go.

Cindee
  • So went to the NS today, he said my stenosis is mild so it would not cause all of this

I am pretty sure I could have lyme disease and see a lyme dr on Monday

Thank you all for your help!!!!
  • I get the same thing I had moderate stenosis. I had this before and after surgery. I think mine is anxiety though. When I am relaxed I don't get the twitches. I thought it was related to the stenosis but I see now that it isn't. Do you get muscle spasms with a mild stenosis? Sometimes muscle spasms can make you twitch.
advertisement