Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lumbar Laminectomy

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had a Lumbar laminectomy discectomy l4-l5-s1. Also was told I had a ruptured disk. Everything seem tobe going ok but now my legs and butt fill like the are tingleing and its hard to sit. Also the are where the staples where taken out is hurting also, I thoght this a great surgery with little down time. Is this normal its been 4 weeks today. Also my DR has said nothing about PT he just said get on with my life when he took the staples out. Any ideas would help. Thanks
advertisement

Comments

• so docs do pt some don't . have you gotten any better since your surgery or has it got worse?
  • If your nerve was compressed, which I'm assuming it was sine you had a laminectomy... Then it's normal to have all kinds of different feelings in your nerves. Even at 4 weeks post op. I started having Sciatic flare up 5 to 6 weeks after my Fusion, but they said it's normal, that MOST people actually DO have flare ups. Tingly, especially, is generally a sign that the nerve is beginning to heal. I wouldn't worry yet. Unless it becomes major and you start losing feeling, getting weakness in the legs or feet, I wouldn't get too worked up.

Hope it all works out for ya.
  • I thought I was getting better but now I dont know. My left calf fills like its cramping and it has become hard to sit for very long.
  • Ok. Thanks:) Its just got me freaked out, just when I thought everything was going good this started. I am new to this sight and everybody seems to be great.
  • No problem :) Just keep an eye on it. If you notice it starts to get dramatically worse, or you start getting weakness, call your doctor right away. Maybe they could put you on a nerve pain medication while you're healing... Neurontin, Lyrica, Pamelor, etc...

Physical therapy is usually a big help. Maybe Aquatic P.T. would help you. I LOVED it.
advertisement