Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A Proposed Change

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,715
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
We (Moderator team) go over forum posts from time to time to see if there is still activity in a topic. We run into many topics that had initial impact, discussions follow and then the overall value/meaning of that forum diminishes.
The more topics that remain open, the more forums that members have to go through to see what is new and what is not.
We were thinking of putting a new procedure into place:

For those Forum topics that do not have any updates for at least 2 weeks, we will close them.

We would to put this out to the member community to get some feedback. Even if we implement this and close forums we always have the ability to reopen the forum for any valid reason
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• I was wondering..not that mine matters much,but a lot of people post a long intro and may even refer to their intros in other threads..I suppose it saves a lot of typing at times.

Other reasons are that it's nice sometimes to go back to the beginning and see changes/progress some have made.

Personally speaking it won't matter if mine are deleted because I'm not really a thread starter..I would rather search the forums for info,and usually find issues similar to mine,or at least pointing me in a new direction to search my own problems.

I could certainly see where some thinning out would need done from time to time.
  • ron, i think thats a great idea. kc
  • :) i think it would be a good idea. =D> perhaps there could be a sticky to those forums just like we can refer to the old forums at the old SH. this would help with what Robin likes about carrying the forums and being able to refer back to them. =D> i think the thinning out would help get more of SH members together in the more used forums. the consolidation on the board gives a visual impression of togetherness. >:D< Jenny :)
  • I know I for one get busy posting in forums most pertinent to me and forget or run out of time to look at others.
  • Will these be closed and archived or closed and deleted?

"C"
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,715
    start by CLOSING them but leaving them in their respective Forum category.
    I would not be in favor to delete them, because they could have some reference points. So that would mean going with the Archive method.
    That is something we would have to consider down the road
  • It would be sad to lose any information since a lot of the threads have some good stuff in them. Would there be a "search archive" capability vs the old manual thread by thread search?
  • I think that is a good idea as long the the old info can be retained.
    When a forum topic is closed, basically all that is done is that the topic is put into Read only mode. It stays in the same category as when it was opened. Therefore, searching would still remain the same. Its only if we decided to move those closed topics to a different location then maybe there would be an impact in searching.
    We have not plans to eliminate any data ( well maybe some of my long winding posts could go ).

• Many posts or themes are constantly re-discussed anyways.
    and it is difficult to manage. One train of thought would be to have a post checker (they do exist and I have see it running on some online forums) that basically screen a post to see if the topic matches something already being discussed. If there is an existing topic, the user will then be re-routed to that forum and not be allowed to create a new one. That can work ok even here to address some of the more frequent questions but its difficult to coordinate because there is always a level of personal views when it comes to medical situations. So even if there were 125 different forum topics discussing Spinal Injections, Lyrica, etc, we wouldnt want to take away a members desire to open their own thread.
  • Ron, i don't like that "post checker". :O like you said " "you would not be allowed to start the thread if it matches a topic already in existence" i think we should be able to start a thread about anything, anytime, even if it has been talked about before. there is always a different point of view or different personal information. storing it is a good idea though! =D> Jenny :)
  • :O ......that would be weird,no more Monday night threads.Would have to go Sunday thru Sat...and then maybe start ONE,TWO,THrEE,etc. :))(
advertisement