Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

clipping nerve endings?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi Everyone :S When I saw my physiatrist last he suggested a treatment where the nerve endings in my neck are "clipped" and therefore cutting the pain. I immediately put it out of my mind becz it sounded so awful and I could only imagine that down the road like when I'm 70, God willing, I'd have a numb neck. I've had injections in the facet jt and I had very little relief. But he jumped on "very little" and diagnosed facet jt syndrome. I'm going to see him next week and I know he will bring up the "clipping" procedure so I wanted to ask if anyone out there had this procedure and how did it go? Did it help? Thanks.
advertisement

Comments

• I been waiting to see if someone would answer this post. But looks like there isn't anyone who has had this done. I have heard of burning the nerve endings, rhizotomy procedure, nerve blocks, steroid injections but never anything about cutting the nerves though. Please right back and tell us what they mean by cutting the nerve's. Sorry couldn't be of more help.
  • I confirmed that Dr has up his sleeve a treatment which would involve "cutting a nerve" near or at the facet joint. If you've had this done or have ever heard of it please tell me about it. Thanks!
  • Hi everyone. Seems like this procedure is rare or not used alot based on the response to this question about nerve cutting. I'm one of those people that thinks you should stick with a doctor- they need time to figure out what is best. But I am starting to question whether my doc has my best interest at heart or some other agenda. I guess I need to do some research on finding another option. Ugh, another project!
  • I'm kind of a Google nerd, and I can find nothing about clipping nerves. I think I'd go for a second opinion.
  • i might be too late for comments but i had a rhizotomy procedure four years ago and the relief of back pain only lasted approx two weeks. i've since then had a level 2 fusion. it eliminated the pain in that region but looking forward to another fusion soon. in the meantime i'm taking methadone 5mg, hydrocodone 10-325 and soma 350mg. the addition of methadone to the existing meds have done a great job of reducing the pain level to where it doesn't interfer with my daily routine. no side effects yet from the methadone.
advertisement