Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

10 days post-op L5-S1 Laminectomy

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi Everyone,

I am 10 days post-op from L5-S1 laminectomy.
I am feeling well. :))) Most of my pain is at night when I am trying to sleep. It's hard to find a comfortable position as I'm sure you all know. I finished my 6 day Medrol pack four days ago. I also take Vicodin ES before bed.

Since I have been home I have had stomach cramps and diahrrea. (I've spoke with my NS' office and they suggested Immodium & Pepto. I drink lots to keep from getting dehydrated.) I've tried Immodium and Pepto. Nothing helps. I'm sick after every meal.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

A RN friend suggested that maybe I am having an allergic reaction to my staples. Has anyone ever experienced an allergic reaction to their staples?

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions and advice!

ditzi :D

advertisement

Comments

• Hello Ditzi,

I would highly recommend that you speak with your NS directly rather than just someone in his/her office.

On the issue of sleeping at night. For about two years now I have been sleeping on a air mattress, as there is no way I can sleep on a regular mattress.

Send me a PM and I can tell you the name of the mattress I use. It may be worth a try, and if it doesn't work you can return the mattress.

RichT