Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

question's on upper thigh sciatic pain's...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
Hello...I'm new to this, but I am a 21 yr old male w/ an Upper thigh sciatic nerve malignant tumor.
my first attack was at 8 years old, but was diagnosed at 13.
and for everyone else that has to go through this excruciating pain and suffering...I feel really bad for you...no one should have to go through such things.

Also, I read some question's about what is causing the pain shooting down the back of their legs to their toes.

well, in my case, the tumor has "feelers" the Dr. called them, that grew inside my nerve and the tumor wrapped itself around the sciatic nerve. My left leg is significantly smaller than my right, and I'm not allowed to work, due to trying to get Social Security so I can get my 5th and final (hope to God) surgery.
which is making me very nervous actually...has anyone else had this same case? and if so, what route did you take?

some doctors say that, they'll cut the whole nerve out w/ the tumor and take a nerve from both my ankles and heels, and try to do a nerve graph to replace the sciatic nerve.
some doctors say that if it takes, then I'll still have dropfoot, but I'll be able to walk fine and everything.
others say that if the nerve doesn't take...it may have to be amputated...and that's the one that scares me...

so any input on this would be wonderful...and thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one going through this.
advertisement

Comments

• I do not have the same affliction as you, and I can only imagine what you must be going through. I just wanted to let you know that you are among friends here, regardless if any of us share the same diagnosis. We do understand pain, we do understand disability, we do understand the fear.

Hang in there!

"C"
  • you suffer this pain as well. I don't know if mine is as bad as yours, but I have permanent S1 nerve damage that burns 24 hours a day. I have asked docs to just strip this nerve out and they bug their eyes and explain I would end up in a wheelchair, as we need our S1 nerve to walk. But I can't sit/walk/stand longer than 20-30 minutes due to the nerve pain/flares. Catch 22, I guess.

Monday I will get (hopefully) my permanent SCS (spinal cord stimulator) and be able to control the buzzing/tingling and block the majority of the pain signals. I can't imagine what a tumor might feel like.

Is the tumor growing? Can they do the SCS for you?

Thanks for sharing,

Cheri
  • Oh, Leith, I'm so sorry for your diagnosis. If it is malignant, what are they doing about the malignancy issue? Have you had chemo and radiaton? I can't imagine how you must feel...I just have a herniated disc and it's horrible sciatic pain!

God bless you!