Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dress up that unsightly neck collar!

Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
For those of us that have to wear the awful soft neck collar for a good length of time (I'm well into my second month with mine), here's a way to dress it up and coordinate it with your outfit.

I went to the supermarket, and in the hosiery section, they have "slack socks", knee-high solid color socks. I bought a black pair, a blue pair, a brown pair, and an off-white pair and cut off the toes. Then, just slip it onto your soft collar and you won't have to wait long for compliments to come your way! L)

I discovered this while taking a shower getting ready for a formal holiday party in December. I was planning to wear a black pair of slacks and a beautiful sparkly black and blue blouse. Then, I saw that ugly white collar in my mind and ugh! I already had a pair of black slack socks and voila - the neck collar evening wear was born. 8}

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,833
    Kath, I like your method better. I had about 4 soft collars, one of them we painted on Ties to dress them up. I only left one without any decorations!
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Ron, I'd love to see your tie collar. Great idea. I never thought about painting the soft collar, but if I had had to wear my hard collar any longer, you can bet there'd be a couple of Broncos logos on it. :D
  • I made myself quite a few different collars. I did most of them prior to surgery. I used knee high stockings & used fabric paints, jewels, beads & crystals. I got many comlpiments. I figured that if I have to wear it I'll wear it big. I call it my bling collar. I actually had several people tell me to market them. I should have as I'm sure someone has done it by now.
  • I made some covers for my ugly white neck collar i made a puffy pull over for collar that looks like a turtle neck and when i wear it in summer time i made some cool towels that i put water crystal in to hang under neck collar under it works well when i am out side