Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm in so much pain tonight

cyndi4everccyndi4ever Posts: 153
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I went to PT today and did quite a few exercises that certainly did not hurt when I was doing them, but as I was doing isometrics neck exercise, both the therapit and I heard a Loud Cracking noise from my neck. She seems to think it was from the only 2 disc that are not fused. I have the worst headache and pain going down my back.. I totally trust my PT woman, but damn I hope I did not do somthing to hurt myself, anyone ever had this happen, I mean the crackle was loud..

• Hi cindy,
    Well after my accident for a while i was getting cracking sounds coming from my neck and i had a lot of headache, still get them off and on. my therapist just told me i had a lot of stuff going on in my neck.he started ultra on the back of my neck and it seemed to help because the cracking went away. i hope you haven't injured yourself again ,you've been through way too much already. Have you put any ice on the back of your neck to help with the pain? good luck and let us know how your doing.
    tam ;)
  • I'm not suggesting this is normal,but if my neck didn't make noises...I would wonder why it was so quiet.This is just how common the noises are in my neck.I used to mention it to my Dr,and even my PM-who both seemed to think nothing of it.I mentioned it to my OS,he said it was 'normal',and part of my DDD and arthritis.

To me-it really feels/sounds like it needs a good oil (like the tin man).I'm not trying to make light of it because it's bothersome,but I haven't been able to get any good answers for it other than 'it's normal,part of your problem,but it won't make anything worse.'

I'm not sure I agree,it feels wrong,but they are the Drs and I'm just tired,it doesn't feel like something I want to fight them on if you know what I mean.I sometimes get a headache after a big pop...and pain that goes down,or up,my spine..that doesn't seem 'normal' to me...?

• I was just curious if anyone else had been going through it, I really was not to upset about it. It was just the horrible headache and pain I got,, Its pretty much gone this morning..
  • I wasn't here for you yesterday. I'm glad you're feeling better today but I'd talk to your doc before doing that particular exercise again. I feel like a Rice Krispie but it's not what you just described. Call your doc and see if he wants an XRay before your next PT. The crackling noise that we all get is common but your's just doesn't sound that way to me and I know you wouldn't be posting this if you weren't concerned.
    Much luv to ya!