Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie here

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in New Member Introductions

I am glad I found this forum, it seems like a bunch of great people here!
I just recently discovered through my orthopedic surgeon that
my chronic pain I have is the result of 2 herniated disks in my neck, C-4,5,6 and disk degeneration with bone spur at T7,8.
My pain at times is a 10 which is being managed with norco and just regular buffered aspirin. I tried the physical therapy route with little relief. I got a second opinion which confirmed arthritis and the Dr tried me on relafen which tore up my stomach. I am still trying to accept this
condition for me it is a bit overwhelming. I enjoy reading the other posts about everyone and their condition - it seems to give me a little hope! I am a 47 year old male with 4 very active children. I find that I have to limit my activities with them which is sad. I know my situation could be much worse and I am thankful to God that I am able to get out of bed each day!

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.. it is great to have you here as well! =D> you will meet alot of great "spineys."i battle with arthritis and know of the pain you speak of!! ~X( there is an "Arthritis" forum you might want to check out. please have a look around and make yourself at home!! good luck as you seek answers to your pain problems. :D Jenny :)
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. :H

As you can see by my signature, I also have neck issues so I know how you feel. I'm also 47, however I one have one child and it's the 4-legged kind (he's my avitar :) ).

HaI had also tried PT with very little relief. Has your surgeon recommended surgery? What are your symptoms?

As Jenny said, you will find many helpful, kind and caring people here. They are just the best.

Take care and I look forward to reading your posts.
  • I am so glad that you are here! You will find much support and understanding here. It sounds like you have a great attitude already and that is 1/2 the battle. I will look forward to seeing you around the forum.