Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Should I Take This Job

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had a 3 level lumbar fusion L3-S1 on December 2nd. I went back to work after 5 weeks. I am now 2 months post op. I'm doing pretty well. I can get through an 8-hour day, but by the end of the day, I'm pretty beat. I have a potential employer looking at me in another state. I'd like to take the job if an offer is made, but I don't want to scare them off by letting them know about my surgery. It would be another month at the least if I took the job before I'd be there, and I don't know where I'll be physically then.

Do you find any ethical problem with me accepting a new job in this uncertain healing process?

FWIW, it a job that will require a pretty decent amount of walking and admin work. Actually less than where I'm at now, but my current employer knows where I am at and for now is working with me.

Here is a link that you can read regarding my current healing process and my return to work so soon.




  • Wow, After 5 weeks you are not only back at work but considering changing your job! That is quite amazing. Now to take the new job or not, is your decision entirely, but as you pointed out, your present employer knows your limitations and works around it. As far as the ethics, if your current employer gave you quite a bit of leeway, then even if not unethical perhaps it would not be very nice to do it at this point. There is also the matter of health insurance. Would you have it right away or would there be a waiting period? That is also something to be considered. If it were me, I think I would wait until I know how my recovery is going. You may feel good, but 5 weeks after a three-level fusion is not too much.

    Good luck with your decision.

Sign In or Register to comment.