Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How many scs implants is a "good" quantity for a doctor to have done?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:28 AM in Pain Management
I am wondering how many scs implants is considered "good experience" for a doctor to have done?
I am waiting on my psych eval appt. for my trial scs. I am going from one extreme to the other. What I mean is one day I am ready to do it "now". Then the next day I am almost in tears because I am terrified and almost talking myself out of it! I hope these are "normal" emotions.
Also, I fear of "failing" my psych eval....I could go on and on, but I know you all have probably had these same fears.
advertisement

Comments

• Experience is something that is very difficult to define, especially in something like this. When I had my trial done, the doctor who placed the leads was being trained by the doctor doing my permanent implant. I felt very confident with the supervision of the trial lead placement. All docs have to start somewhere and they don't just "wing it".

I was not frightened of the SCS or the surgery, I was worried about my lack of options if it did not help.

Sorry that you are having such an emotional roller coaster ride over this. Is there someone you can talk to about it? What is it that is terrifying you? I would be very concerned if I was frightened of something to that degree.

"C"
  • Remember the companies do not pass this tech off to just any clown. God, at least I hope not...
    I know the flip flops. I got a big one today. I screwed up another Holiday with the wife. I just can't think my way to doing anything ahead of time :( I can't wrap my head around the whole wires shoved up my spine thing. I got my insurance papers today. They site all my issues as reported by the PM. DDD, Myleo that, etc, Just has me all wound up.
    Makes me want to run hide somewhere! But we can't run from us. Wherever we go, there we are! No hiding from this!
    So I will go thru with it! As my friend "C" says the fear this won't work is bigger than the fear of having it done!
    :SS
  • I completely understand your fears and the roller coaster ride you are experiencing. I worried about passing the phych eval myself - simply because of my history with panic anxiety disorder and depression. Once I got there I was fine. I breezed right through it. I do have a very close friend that has been there for me over the last year as I have dealt with workers comp and all the other things that I have endured. He has been a God send for me - and then I was lucky enough to find this forum. And I have even depended on "C" to help me thru some of this. And as with "C" my biggest fear and worry now are the limited options if this doesnt work for me. Keep us posted and hang in there. Feel free to PM if you ever want to talk without posting in the forum.
    Jacque
  • C - I worry about it not working and being in pain for the rest of my life. I also worry about the actual surgery hurting afterwards, but I know it will only be temporary, but I still worry. What really got me to start second guessing is the post I read on here (somewhere) and the person who posted had put a link to this site where there are horror stories about the scs! I wish I had not gone there!

Wrambler - I totally understand about the memory thing! My poor husband makes me write everything down. Plus my daughter helps me by putting all of my important dates etc. on her calendar, too. Sometimes she puts my meds in my pill pack, too. She really helps by being my "second brain"! And I believe you said it perfectly when you stated, "We can't run from us..."! Sometimes I wish I could hide from myself, too!

Jacque - Thanks! My husband says not to worry about the psych eval, too.

I suppose chronic pain and pain meds cloud my rational thinking process sometimes.

Thank you so much!
    Kathi

advertisement