Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need suggestions?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical

Hi guys,

Have a Neuroligist appointment coming up in March. =D>

Afer two year of attending the pain managment clinic i have been reffered by my gp to see a neuroligist. This is to get a proper diagnosis.

So far a xray has shown a curviture in the neck and spondylitis in the C3,C4,C5, and C6. My MR showed nothing. Have just found out that they did not xray my thorasic area where i am also having problems.

What should I tell the Neuroligist and what questions should I ask?
As this is my chance to get a diagnosis at last.

What can i say to him that will make sure he listens and understands the great and chronic pain that i am in day in day out?

Please help, as i do not want to blow my only chance of getting something done at last!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sue x

• If you are looking for a diagnosis a neurologist may not be your best bet. I would suggest a neuro surgeon or an orthopedic surgeon.

If nothing showed up on a MRI then a fine slice CT scan my be benifical. It would show more of the bone issues.

Just my opinion,