Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sun after a storm!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,623
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi Everyone!
I have to say this past week has had me wrecked. I typically stay positive and keep my eyes on the goals ahead and roll with the punches but this last week I admit had me cornered. I had a root canal just before my fusion surgery, and that same tooth started to hurt again and I have to say tooth pain has to be just about the worst pain because you can't do ANYTHING to help it. Then I came down with a wretched upper respiratory viral infection that took me and my husband down. We both were running very high fevers for a few days, and Im pretty sure we had every "itis" in the book...tonsilitis, bronchitis, sinusitis, rhinitis and laryngitis. I kid you not I have all of those plus a tooth ache. I had to miss three PT sessions due to all of this. The coughing has left my back a wreck and has been stiff as can be.
With ALL that said (minus a few personal issues as well) I saw my Nuero today and finally some sunshine came this week.

I was told today that not because of my age, and not because of my over all health prior to surgery has this happened, but because of my commitment and motivation to see this surgery through I have rebounded faster than ANY of his patients (even with that foot issue a few weeks back). He couldnt be happier with my progress, with my willingness and patience to follow thier post op instructions and to listen to my body in the first two critical months. He was so happy reading through the notes he gets from my physical therapists to see how far Ive come in such a short amount of time. And as he reminded me to keep taking care of myself and this is still a long process he couldnt help but give me a hug and tell me to keep tackling this.

All of you have played such an important role in my recovery whether you realize it or not. The experiences, freindships, and support you all have offered have gotten me through the doubts, the times of impatience, and the lonliness that follows this type of surgery.
I cant thank you all enough for all you have done for me, and I hope I am able to repay and pass it forward as they say. Thank you to God, my husband, family and all of you I reached a mile marker today in my recovery and I had to share that there is success and sunshine in these storms.
Love to you all.

Erica
Fighting the good fight one day at a time...
advertisement

Comments

• Always good to hear good news! I am so glad to hear it! Keep doing whatever it is that you are doing!!

Just as I am writing this, the upper respiratory thing has hit our house..ugh,,,,,

Keep doing well!!

• That's great news from the Dr! Yay! That's amazing especially with your body fighting all those other illnesses and then to find out you exceeded all other people in the healing since your surgery. It's nice to hear positive stories though it's too bad you had to have all those bugs hit you and hurt your back. YaY! I'm very happy for you. God bless you too. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Dina!
    I miss seeing you in chat we always have such good laughs. Oh I hate to hear that virus has made its way to your home...it wasnt me I swear hehe. Hope you stay well and fight off this thing its horrid. Stay in touch and hope to talk with you soon!
    Erica
  • Thank you, yes this was great news considering Im only 2.5 months post op. Now if I can just get rid of this darn virus so I can get back into PT properly :) thanks again
  • I am so happy for you! Congrats on your successful healing and keep up the good work. It is always a joy to hear successful stories.
  • Thank you, your always so supportive and happy for me when I have good news, and encouraging in the times that I havnt had such good news or felt lost in the process early on. I hope you are doing better than when I last read you were having a tough go of it. Always in my thoughts,
    Nervenator:)
  • Erica, have not seen you for awhile, great to see that you are making steady progress. Keep up the good work!! :)))
    -Melissa
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,040
    Sorry, I wasnt around much the past three days. I started to read your post.. For someone who has such a positive outlook on everything, this must have been a little tougher to deal with.
    But I am glad you are on the rebound.
    Stay well, stay positive and look to the sun and waves
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • keep up the continued progress and stay positive! I am happy for you
  • I am so happy to hear that you are progressing well! We have the upper respiratory thing at our house as well right now. Even my DH who never takes off work stayed home today. I went to PT with it, but decided afterwards that I probably should have stayed home. I just hate to miss PT.

I had my surgical follow-up on Thursday and while he wants me to stay off work for another month and do more PT with my continued nerve pain, he said that I am ahead of the curve in my recovery and I was doing everything that I could.

Julie
  • Again to all of you,
    Zach your a wonderful friend that I know I can talk to anytime and are a great source of encouragement.
    Papa Ron- you know me enough by now to know that I dont rattle easily so this in addition to personal things had me a bit beat up this week so this was great news to get and Im always lookin for good surf
    Melissa- thanks for the support, it has been awhile its good to see you again
    Julie- my husband is the same way he never gets sick and when he does he never willingly goes to the doctor but did this time, this virus is naaaasty stuff, and Im so glad to hear that PT is helping and your progress is going well. I to hate to miss PT and body can tell when I have.
    SC- thank you for your continued support I always know I will see you in my posts with words of encouragement and support.

Love to you all
    Erica
advertisement