Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Similar Websites Based in the UK

dorset boyddorset boy Posts: 148
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi Guys,
I really find this website useful, but the time differences does mean that quite often i wouldn't find any one around to chat to.
Does anyone know of a UK or European based site? I have done a quick check around but there doesn't seem to be much around!
Having had a look at some of the topic & replies I am rather envious, in respect of the amount of options that seem to be available in the US, a second opinion here really just doesn't happen. I last had gangilion & facet joint injections done last July & the next set are now after weeks of hassling the pain clinic scheduled for next month! The time we have to wait between clinic/surgeon appointments can run in-excess of 6 months & to get my second major opperation which was the 2 level fusion with dynamic stabalisation & pedicle rods & screw took two years of fighting with the health trust.
We don't seem to have any sort of support system or anyone to talk to apart from Dr's or surgeons secretaries & they are normaly just telling you to go away as it will be months before you can get a consulation let alone treatment.
Sorry for rambling but I live on morphine & have done for almost 5 years now & I'm having a bad day at work!

• I'm in Canada and wait times are long for Neuro and Ortho, but Pain Management Drs maybe and 6 week wait. I had facet joint injections also and go back Feb 26. Sorry you're having a bad day keep trying! I can't work taking morphine also how do you manage? Never rambling it feels good to vent. Don't know of any other site there's members here from England, Wales and Australia though. Feel better. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    of any such website in England.
    But we do have a good number of members that are from England. They always seem to adjust their time zones to meet with whats going on here.
    There is a difference in the Medical systems between all countries. Each country has its good point and negative points when it comes to medical coverage.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • First facet injections were 2nd July last year and since then I have had one telphone consultation with a pain clinic dr in November last year & no further action until I started chasing in January this year!
    First few weeks of taking the morphine wiped me out & work was very difficult - but over a period of time your body gets more used to it & your activity levels increase & so does your co-hereance. Over a period of a day i take 3 x 30mgs MST morphine, 6 x 50/500 co-codemol (tylex?) & 25ml of oramorph
  • i am always on here! if you want any advice you wont find a better site than this one .are you on face book /msn?
  • Hi Straker
    Don't use facebook, but do use msn mesenger.
    You'll know what it's like waiting & praying to hear something from someone! & then waiting to get an appointment. where are you based, I'm in Swanage in Dorset.
  • hi ian
    send me an invite
    thats my email and MSN
  • "I am rather envious, in respect of the amount of
    options that seem to be available in the US, a
    second opinion here really just doesn't happen."

Well those days are coming to an end here. With the new administration and the medical policies that are now being put into place, it is just a matter of time before we also will be just like Europe. I don't think people here realized just exactly "universal health care" would do to the US health care system.

I'm hoping to get my other fusion in before the whole thing smacks down.

Ian, I hope your issues get resolved quickly. Best wishes.

• if things are changing your side of the pond, keep pushing for that op, you realy don't want to end up with a UK based system, it's meant to be free at the point of service & for everyone, which works in the case of "A&E" or Emergency Room medicine but anything else happens only if you primary care trust has the funds to pay for your treatment. !!! If they don't you wait & you wait & you wait. I had facet joint & ganglian nerve injections last July & was promised more in November, but when it came to it I was pushed down the list as my PCT is broke until April, but after pushing over the last few weeks I will get them done again at some point next month !! Good Luck & good health
  • I will give it a go, not great on MSN etc & the one on my office computer is playing up a bit but will try later. "DB"
  • Hi Ian,

I am Vice-Chair of AS-assist, which is a site by and for sufferers of Ankylosing Spondylitis, based in the UK.
    The address is: http://www.as-assist.org/

All persons suffering from back problems are welcome to join us and discuss their experiences, ask questions, etc.

Why not pop along and join us? You will be made very welcome.

• I will have a look around the site.
This discussion has been closed.