Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

severe leg pain after PLIF on Feb 23

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
HI, I am new to the forum and looking to see if anyone else here has had a PLIF and if so...did you get severe leg pain in both legs and pain in the hips. I had sciatica in the left leg prior now I have the severe pain with a feeling like my big toes have been burnt and to touch them makes my whole body tremble. The pain will wake me from any sort of sleep I may grab here and there...I am exhausted to say the least and soooo angry I feel sooo bad. I am open for suggestions from anyone here or interested in hearing your stories.
Thoughtfully,
~Sunny
advertisement

Comments

• I can only speak from my experience. For me the first 2 weeks my leg pain was horrible, hips, butt everything felt like it was on fire being torn apart. It was on both sides but worse on the left. The nerves get pushed around, bumped and really irritated, I was told the increase is to be expected. At about 3 weeks or so thoses feelings calmed down for me. I had a few really good weeks and the started having similiar issues again, but mine is not typical.

What does your doctor say about the increase in pain? Give them a call if you havent, that is what they are getting paid for!

Good Luck,
    Shell
  • My neuro saw me a few days ago and placed me on Lorcet, Valium, and Compazine for some nausea. He said the nerves were basically waking up from being so pinched. Its just sooooo painful I can't even explain really...its almost like the bones are hurting. I keep thinking this is still new and a fresh procedure so I need to remain patient. Thats tough when your legs wake you at 3am screaming in unrelenting pain. Thanks so much for your reply and imput. I am sorry you have had such horrible pain also...for I would never want anyone to go through this.
    ~Sunny
  • Sorry to hear you're pain. I had an A/PLIF (360) in Sept. '07. I also had swelling, redness & alot of pain but mine never stopped. I was eventually told I have RSD/CRPS. You might want to look it up and see if you have any other symptoms, if you do, you should see a pain management Dr. soon. The earlier they catch it the better. Lets hope it's not RSD/CRPS.