Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Epidurals after ACDF 4 level

veajavveaja Posts: 22
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had 4 level ACDF Dec 8 of 2008. I am still in pain. Well today my pain manage doc gives me another cervical epidural. Sounds a little weird to me had three before surgery with no help. How is it going to help now?

• You did have 4 level ACDF. That was a major surgery. I would give it a year to two years to heal. The epidural with help with the inflammation.

I hope it gives you some kind of relief.
  • Oh my goodness, you are only three months out from major cervical surgery - I'd be very surprised if you weren't still feeling pain. I'm five months out and still have pain. I know it's hard to be patient, but after talking with so many here on SH, I have realized I may not be pain-free for months to come.

Be patient. It'll come.
  • Thank you so much for responding. I guess time will tell. I will try to be patient.