Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain all over can anyone help?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in New Member Introductions
~X( Hello my name is Becky and I have been fighting back and neck pain since 2004. I have jad mri, emg, injections ablation and nothing seems to get rid of this pain. I need a second opinion or advise from others who are going thru this. Help please!

• ~X( I am going to put my dr impression of the mri on my neck here for you to see in hopes that someone can decifer it for me and tell me in plain english what it means. I saw a syrgeon and he says there is not anything he can do. I find that hard ot believe with the pain I have I can not look over my shoulder and any movement hurts. Impression: 1. Moderate spondylitic changes of the cervical spine are noted at c5-c6 where there are disc degenerative changes and broad dessicated disc extrusion with margin osteophyte reformation creating mild central canal stenosis and minimal cord flattening anteriorly. There is mild to moderate neoforaminal narrowing due to uncovertebral joint hypertrophy.
    2.Right paracentral extrusion at c6-c7 with minimal left cord impression and mild to moderate left neoforaminal narrowing.
    3. Significant neuroforaminal narrowing on the right at c4- c5 due primarily to severe right facet arthropathy.
    4. significant severe left neuroforaminal narrowing at c3-c4 due to left uncovertebral joint hypertrophy and left facet arthropathy.

all I know is I hurt and I am at the point that I am unable to work because of the pain. I als have fibromyalgia to deal with as well as headache's , back and knee pain
  • For my severe lower back pains in my L3/L4 I take Tramadol which is a pain relief med. If you go to www.nowhere.com you can order it without a prior prescription and no health insurance is required. My doctor referred me to this site as they use U.S. licensed doctors and pharmacies and FDA approved meds. I just had to fill out a short form and then when it was approved my meds shipped out overnight. I have been using the Tramadol now for about a year and it really helps my pain. I also use a Ten's unit but they can be expensive. I visit a chiropractor 4x's a year as well.

Hope you find this useful.

Post edited to remove URL. Solicitation is not permitted on Spine-Health. The member has been informed and warned about the violation of Forum Rules

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health Administrator 03/29/09
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm sorry that you're suffering with this also. It's hard when we can't get any help from our doctors. Can you get a second opinion? Don't give up until you get some help. I'm going through some of the same stuff right now. It's so discouraging. I hope you're feeling better soon.

• welcome to spine-health becky! I'm sorry your in so much pain. I hope you get some answers soon about your condition. I think its always best to ask your physician about your mri. have you asked to be referred to pain management yet. take care....m