Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Weird numbness, help?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I've been recently having some problems when I wake up where it sort of feels like I'm still wearing my soft cervical collar, my neck is numb in the front from my chin down to where my neck meets my chest. I haven't had any surgeries yet, C5-C7 are my major problem area, and C4-C5 was a minor player but wasn't considered problematic enough to need fusion if I decided for surgery on my last MRI 5-6 months ago. I'm really worried that it means I'm having problems at yet another level in my neck, and indeed a much higher one, anyone have any insight? It's only the front of my neck if that helps.

• Have you spoke with your doctor about this? If not I would contact him or her.

Good Luck!:)
  • I've got an appointment next week, but he works in a clinic, and while he's one of the best docs in the area, it's a crappy place and I still don't know how I feel about going there since they don't answer my questions well. We'll just see how it goes, I only have the problem at night, so I'm not going to worry about it too much right now I guess and bring it up when I see him and see what he says.. the problem is, these guys are too busy and too nonchalant about everything.. when I came in I had to pick between my back and my neck, and whether the pain or the numbness bothered me more.. WTF? Shouldn't I be treated as a whole person, not a single symptom? I'm going to keep going, because I'm pretty sure I want him to do my surgery, but I'm definitely getting a second opinion from someone, even if I go so far as to have two docs going concurrent which might be tricky, but I can't handle being treated like a piece of meat.
  • I agree. Stand your ground and tell them how you feel. They probably don't have a clue how you feel. they just know the medical aspect of it. I don't like doctors like that. I worked in the medical field for 4 1/2 years. when they get like that, they are usually burned out. They are not happy with their job anymore.

If talking to them does not work, get another opinion. I beleieve that is what I am going to have to do.