Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Finally..... answers!!!!!

HeidiLynnMHHeidiLynnM Posts: 445
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello everyone :H :H :H :H. Shame on me for not posting sooner about the news with my back O:) .
Anyhow, I did end up going further south(Albany, ny) and found a great neurosergon. It was so weird! I went in, I had a PA examine me first. After that, not even 5 minutes went by and the doctor came in. The first thing he said was gosh Heidi, you have been through a lot!!!!!!
Well, to make a long story short, I will be having a fusion with a cushion put inside where my disk will be taken out. The surgeon is booking about 8 weeks out right now, and we need to get approval along with a new CT scan for me. I have to say that yes, I am scared BUT I am ready. =D> =D> . I am just very scared of the pain after!!!!!
I am having to go to the chiropractor tonight for some awful neck pain that I have started getting recently. I never have neck pain!!! I don't know if it is from the way I sleep or what. I just know that one day I went to turn my head, it pinched, from then on it has hurt like heck!!!!! :T :T :T . Talk about annoying!!!! Back and neck pain 8} 8} . Enough to make me more nuts!!!!
Anyhow, I am just so glad that I kept searching until I found a doctor that I was comfortable with. I just need to start preparing I guess 8> 8> .

• Congrats on seeing another doctor.

I used to run a Chiro's office before changing jobs to working for Transplant Surgeon's before my MVA. He would never "adjust" anyone who has had any form of fusion surgery, I guess he was being extra cautious but I would myself be nervous. You have never had any cervical problems? I just want to say good luck with your new surgery and to let you know my father had a lumbar fusion around August 1972(I remember this well as the Olympics were on and Mark Spitz was winning all the Golds, lol) and had a teflon pad put in to replace the disc.........something new age back then!!! He has not has never had any problem since until recently and he is 83 years old and had a full life. Heck a few months afterward he was on a ladder painting our house!!
    Good Luck and God Bless,

• I have never had any cervical issues!!! This is freaky, and scarey! I just don't understand how I could suddenly be in so much pain from this. I am afriad now. I really don't want to have to have to have 2 surgeries ~X( ~X( .
    Maybe it is just a muscle problem?! My head hurts too though. I just don't know :? . UGH is all I have to say!!!!!!
  • Heidi,

I'm glad you have finally found a doctor you are comfortable with. I think that will make the process much easier for you.

Don't get too worried about pain. While you will experience some discomfort, it is not too bad if you keep up with your pain meds. I was a bit worried about pain before my surgery and it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Good luck and keep us posted on your recovery.

• That's great news!! It's a gift to find a great surgeon!

Take care,

• I wondered what was going on with you. You hadn't posted in awhile.

So glad you have found a surgeon you can relate to, who is taking the time to listen to you and feels he can help your condition.

Hopefully your neck is just muscular, maybe from stress and tension...and it will go away soon.

xx Gwennie