Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What do u do???

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Lower Back Pain
Have had lower back/ herniated disc problems since my teenage years. I'm 34 years old and have only recently had the sciatica issues . yesterday and currently has been my worst flaeeup ever. I had injections about 2 years ago, I sat up in the bed when they administered. I went largley pain free fmunt past November. Had real bad flareup. Had injection where I laid down on my belly while administered. Was somewhat pain free for about 3 weeks uny the current pain. I can barely walk. I'm laying on the couch somewhat comfortable but it's almost immposible transitiong to walking. I have 2 little boys so I never can take pain meds during the day but I'm now 3 percocets deep. My wife has the kids. Do I just lay down or do I force myself to walk and stretch? I'm frustrated. I really don't like taking meds but what is a good schedule for anti- inflam/ muscle relxers/ and pain killers. I have 12 different bottles of meds and would like to take the less amount of drugs as possible. Any input or similarites I would love for u to share with me... Thanks in advance!!!

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Welcome to SH. Sorry you're in so much pain. Only my opinion but I always try to walk no matter how bad the pain. Why? I don't really know. Just that I've always heard that walking is the best thing to do for back pain. Have you had any recent MRI's or anything? My doctor has me on tramadol now and it doesn't make me feel fuzzy headed like some do. Have you tried it? I hope you can find something to help. With two small boys, you need to be alert. I hope you're feeling better soon.
  • When did you last see your doc about your back pain? Did you recently have injections or 2 years back? It seems that you need to see your doc and get an MRI done, to find out if your situation (herniated disc) has gone worse, and then to get further treatment. The couch is the worse place to lay on or sit. A recliner is better, if you have one. Please do frequent short walks through the pain as it will help with sore muscles.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    in any type of conservative treatment for your back problems?
    Have you had surgery before? It helps to understand where a new member is coming from. Having more information, makes it easier when other members respond.

I couldnt even comment on the 12 different medications that you are what you should be doing without knowing more.

But, its fair and safe to say that you have enough concerns that you should bring them forward to your doctor.

Again, its hard to tell if you have been getting pain relief all along, now it worse, etc??

If you are unsure about anything, contact your doctor. Even with was commented about walking, I have to agree, walking is about one of the safest exercises to do...
    But there are cases where that even could be too much.
    Thats why it is so important to discuss this with your doctor.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
This discussion has been closed.