Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New pain 8 weeks post ACDF C5-7

diamondeddiamonde Posts: 185
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi there

Was doing so well after my op that i've been off the site for most of my post op time, so here's a brief update and a question... I didn't have to wear a collar of any kind, and found sleeping on my recliner a dream! I went back to work 4 weeks post op to a desk job. The first week or two were ok... but man was i tired at the end of the day!! In the first week i was asleep by 8pm and normally i'm a real night owl lol, now i'm tired at the end of the day, but i'm ok tired not exhausted wrecked vegetable tired!! I'm still sleeping in the recliner... i've tried my bed a few times, but just find it too flat and can't get comfy with pillows. I think i'm close to getting back into the bed though... maybe lol! been off meds for last 3 weeks, not doing any activities i shouldn't... no lifting and all that, and for the most part have been coping with an ache in my neck that had been getting better and better all the time, and some muscle tension in my shoulders, particularly if i've been up and about alot during the day, but very manageable and easing every day... until!!!

So here's my question... about 3 nights ago when i was getting comfy in my recliner, i moved to adjust myself and when i did it felt like my neck slid abit internally, we're talking nano millimetres, it was really slight, but i noticed it and felt it. I had been raising my head at the time and when it happened i felt a brief sharp pain. The pain left as soon as i lay my head in a comfy position... then the same manouver the next night caused the same thing to happen... and this is coinciding with a marked increase in my neck ache during the day... i've taken 2 doses of tylex today and i haven't had to do that in 3 weeks.... so i'm a bit worried... bit perplexed... I'm not lifting or doing any banned activities, just don't know if i should just give it time and chalk it up to healing... or should i be more worried

Appreciate your thoughts on this!
L4-L5 fusion 1998; ACDF C4-6 2008; DDD
advertisement

Comments

• I haven't seen you post in a while, actually just thought about you yesterday, but did not think to try a PM!

I of course don't have a clue as to what to say about your new pain. Something like, take it easy comes to mind.

I know thats not a lot of help, sorry!

Hope you are just having a twinge and it will go away and you'll be back on track!

Wrambler
  • Nice to hear from you too, and think about you too, you're too sweet O:) So how are you doing?? Like i said above, i'm doing ok.... until this $%£(&$£* slippage and pain. But just like you said... hoping it will just pass.

Take care
    L4-L5 fusion 1998; ACDF C4-6 2008; DDD