Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member Here

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi Everyone

My name is Sherlian and this is not my first time to the site but I finally decided to join. I was doing some research on the net and came across this site and started to read the posts and boy did it help. I have a bulging disc in my L4-L5 and by me being overweight (322) no one wants to do surgery. I now have nerve pain in my butt and thighs that runs down to by calf on the right side. The PM doctor has me on Lyrica 100mg twice a day which does give some relief, muscle relaxers that make me sleepy, Darvocet 100mg 3 times a day that does no good at all. It takes 3 or more pills in the mornings just to get moving, thank God I work nights and by the time it is time for me to go to work my body is full of drugs and I can half way function.

I have no life because of the pain. The pain is so bad that when I walk I lean to the left and can't straighten up. My sons have to clean, go to the grocery store, take me to and from work, doctor and where ever else I need to go. I have cried and prayed so much because of this pain sometimes I would rather be dead than to continue to live like this. Being over weight is bad enough but to be told that they are afraid to do surgery on you and to have a person suffer like this is too much. I start physicial therapy this week and praying it will give me more relief than the meds.

Sorry for being so long and thanks for having a place you can vent and where others know where you are coming from.

God Bless you

• My kids clean. I do most things with the left side of my body which is now hurting me. I have permanent nerve damage and was told I should have had surgery 3 years ago. I teach and by Friday I want someone to shoot me. I have limped for three years and have only had temp. relief from PT and Chiro. Epidural shots did not help. I have surgery at the end of June and honestly I can't wait, I just want something to help me. I can't take pain pills because I get sick so I live on motrin and tylenol. I miss my kids game and I recently missed my youngest child scoring her first goal in lacrosse. I just cried and hope that it will bet better.

God Bless you too!

• I am so sorry to hear of your pain. Please remember that nothing is as bad as dead. You have so much to be thankful for such as children that will help you. I have seen so many members here that have had their families turn their back on them and act like they are faking the pain. Have you mentioned to your doc that the darvocet is not helping? There are so many other meds to try. I wish you luck and please keep us posted.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are having so many pain problems but glad you finally decided to drop by and chat!! =D> i am on Lyrica,300mg a day, for sciatica and have found alot of relief.. perhaps a stronger dose would help you even more. :D talk to your doc about that. :-C good luck and i hope you find some pain relief soon! :D Jenny :)
  • Thank you guys and it feels so good to have people that really understand. I have read a lot of posts on here and my heart goes out to all of you but especially to those who have no one to help them. God only knows what I would do without my sons they are real troopers considering they are 26 and 27 and have things of their own to do.

J.J.Gray you are so right right about being thankful that my sons are willing to help me out. Sometimes I just feel so bad that I can't do all the things that was once enjoyed. God has truly blessed me in that area.

Cindyx3 I pray your surgery turns out the way you want it to. At this time if they would do surgery I would beat them in the operating room. :))(

lulusheart: Even with the 100mg twice a day I find my legs are swelling and that tightness is so uncomfortable but if a larger dosage is going to ease the pain I will withstand the swelling. Thank you so much of your well wishes.

May God bless each of you and may his healing powers over take you.

• Hi Everyone:
    I have been surfing this site for many months but also just now joined and wanted to say a quick Hello. :)
    I never had any neck issues/pain and all associated things until 9/24/07 when I was rear ended at a high rate if speed while on my way to visit a client ( need I say more that it was work- related!). I am am nurse case manager/supervisor..I had via MRI a herniation at C5-6 with a small buldge at C6-7.
    I tried unsuccessful conserative treatment ( meds and PT) then had ACDF at C5-6 on 11/30/07..which was initially sucessful and was able to return to work with a hour communte on 2/11/08 ( crazy, yes I was)..I started with an increase in symptoms
    neck spasms, left arm/hand pain numbness again in 4/08 and with some med adjustments did ok until 7/08 then was referred to pain managment doc( this is a whole story in inself on the unprofessionalism that I was treated with) and was saw this doc until 3/09 when I changed docs.
    In summary since 7/08 I have used my lifesaver tens unit, PT then accupunture with Chinese herbs..I had 2 cervical injections in March and April with acutally a increase in symptoms:(..meds Lyrica, Cymbalta, Tramadol and now heavier pain meds ( Oxycodone) due to my increase in sumptoms..
    I had another MRI last week which now shows a herniation below my fusion at C6-7..and am pending anther appointment with my neurosurgeon on 5/18 to go over other options..I am thinking more surgery.. maybe..have I missed any treatment that anyone else has tried?
    Hope to give and receive information from anyone who may acrtually understand what I am dealing with.