Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

everything is making sense

vivavegasvvivavegas Posts: 185
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi everyone, you may all remember that i have scoloisis, i have a leg shorter than the other, i also have severe arthritis in my spine and knees, I have had severe back pain since I was 14 anyway eventually pain became so intense that I opted for a fusion 2 years ago...however the surgeon didnt remove and discs and he didnt put in any metalwork all he did was put bmp around the spinous processes and facet joints, a recent mri showed i have hypertrophic facet joint causing pressure on the thecal sac and left nerve9 one doctor mentioned he thought it might be overgrowth of bmp, he said i was never a straightforward fusion because of the scoloisis and that the surgeon has just went in there and fused me in my scoloisis position...he was head of orthapedics at my local hospital, he used to do apine surgery but dosent anymore, he forwarded my recent mri up to the surgeon that operated on me and he will see my mri this friday].anyway what I have found out from doing some research because i was having really bad pain like on the pubic bone(please excause dont mean to sound rude)...after reading up on it it turns out it is the poas i think i have spelt it correctly, anyway I stumbled across a orthapedic surgeon that did a release surgery of this muscle and then also did a foot surgery on a woman and she had immediate relief of back pain, i know chiropractors do a release of this but i cant go to one well they wont touch me now because of the stenoisis.....has anyone heard or have had a muscle release like the one im talking about?

I know my case is rather complicated, my scoloisis is not bad enough to warrant 2 rods in the spine, IM just thinking if my surgeon undid this bone now that was put in via bmp...and could possible do the release??? the pain and inflamation around that area is awful?

Many of you who know me from posting and being in chat[i am such a chatterbox lol]...will know that myself and hubby want to start a family.....but I dont know what to do in these current circumstances??...I think i READ SOMEWHERE THAT THE POAS MUSCLE IS ALSO CONNECTED TO THE RIBCAGE AND WUD EXPLAIN WHY I HAD SEVERE RIBCAGE PAIN 6 WEEKS AFTER THE FUSION.must have been when the bone started to grow , it would also explain why maybe i was hospitalised cause my inflamation was so high they thought i had a clot......As you are all aware lol my situation is so complicated but I really really would appreciate your thoughts on this, thanks guys :* ;) ~X(

• Hey sweetie, >:D< >:D< Long time no see >:D< I am so sorry you are having such a rough time >:D< I have to research what you are talking about :? But others here may give you some advice :) PM me anytime you want to i am always here for you >:D< >:D<

Angie >:D< :H
This discussion has been closed.